Maths 'Harsh Markers'? (1 Viewer)

mR sinister

HSC
K well, the title says it.

For example: i just realized upon looking at the paper once again, that for question 8) where you had to find the times.

I managed to find the hours correctly, but forgot the simple task to add the hours onto 5 am, Sigh...

Also in question 9)
where it said find the minimum Cost.
I found the correct x value, but again forgot to sub in into the formula !

So, yea since the most difficult bit of the questions like that are basically finding the unkown values, you guys think they will mark me down>?

hecheeseman

HSC
i think you may lose something, depending what the question is worth. obviously if you have done like a page of working for a one mark question and you stuff up the end they probably wont penalise you but if its like a 3 or 4 marker then you might lose one for an "incorrect" answer. they mark differently every year so we won't ever know until the notes from the marking centre come out how they marked all that stuff :)

HSC
K well, the title says it.

For example: i just realized upon looking at the paper once again, that for question 8) where you had to find the times.

I managed to find the hours correctly, but forgot the simple task to add the hours onto 5 am, Sigh...

Also in question 9)
where it said find the minimum Cost.
I found the correct x value, but again forgot to sub in into the formula !

So, yea since the most difficult bit of the questions like that are basically finding the unkown values, you guys think they will mark me down>?
ummm.....i dont think theyll mark this years HSC very hard since it was soo hard....well i hope they mark it easy

mR sinister

HSC
I can see why they would mark it wrong, since i didn't have an answer specific to the question.

But then i wouldn't think they will deduct a mark, specially in Q 8 and 9 for the simple task of subbing back into formula or adding.

Either way, there where some SHOW questions, which i kind of dnt tihnk i 'Showed' properly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)