• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Maths in commerce degrees (1 Viewer)

KING CAL

Banned
HSC
In a commerce degree, what kind of maths do you do on a day to day basis?

I am quite good at it but I really do despise anything other than simple stuff, I'm interested in the degree but I may be deterred if a lot of maths is involved. I noticed that a prereq is Mathematics so I assume there is a decent amount involved?

If there is, please explain what situations you use it in.

Thanks.

Vagabond

Machine
HSC
Simple calculations = accounting obviously..

More complex maths = in economics/econometrics, finance...

You can easily forge a commerce degree without much maths at all though... say a business law major.. you choose what you study beyond a few core subjects which aren't too difficult (comparatively)...

pete_mate

HSC
marketing, work, management, and other girlie subjects obviously have hardly any

perestroika

HSC
Yeah just really depends on what your major is. If you're afraid of maths steer clear of an economics major. Ragardless of your major though you'll still have to complete business statistics which tends to snag all those marketing students!!

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
Vagabond said:
You can easily forge a commerce degree without much maths at all though... say a business law major..
I've always wanted to know - what can you do with a business law major in a commerce degree?

Foxodi

HSC
RogueAcademic said:
I've always wanted to know - what can you do with a business law major in a commerce degree?
Provide legal assistance to business's? ^^ Making sure a business isnt doing anything illegal is pretty important, no mercy is shown to the illegal business.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)