Maths Tip and Hints (1 Viewer)

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Tips and Hints for general maths year 11 and 12

Make sure you know your work- This means that just because you know how to do the work on the day in class, doesn't mean you'll know it coming to exam time. Try and do practise questions from past papers, or the chapter tests at the end of each chapter. Focus more on the questions you have trouble with - these are the ones you need to improve on!!

Become friendly with your teacher- if you haven't got a good relationship with your teacher, you should start to work on making a strong relationship, so you can ask for help during lunchtimes and after school , they will always be willing to help.

If you have to, get a tutor - sure its embarassing, but hey, if YOU get a higher UAI than everyone else, then stuff em all! Tutoring will help you to ask questions freely, and see and talk to other people in your situation. Sure, it does cost money, but this is your future and UAI we are talking about, l get tutored every week for $35 on Friday nights. I do practise papers and in test conditions.

Get a few more excerise books - This will cost you a bit of money, but its worth it. the only two l can reccomend are Heinemann General Mathematics - Preliminary and HSC (seperate books) and New Century Maths 11 and 12 General These are the two books l have and they work wonders. they are set out differently but they have the BEST questions to answer!

Get some past papers - this may require asking your teacher or some downloading. You can find some here : http://www.boredofstudies.org/view.php?course=4 there aren't much but l will be submitting a couple of my own (complete with answers) during the week (i just have to type them up!)

Study Often - review all of the work you did in one week at the end of the week. Have a look at questions that were difficult, try and do them yourself and if you still have trouble ask your teacher.

Keep your work organized - There is NOTHING worse than having a test on a chapter, and you have lost all of your work because you accidently threw it out with the rubbish....believe me l've been there. I have a BIG folder and l separate that into sections, one for ecah chapter.

Come on this forum to ask for help We are always here to help, so just post a question and we'll try our best to answer.

Well l guess thats it so far from me. I better get scanning!! See ya! :)

Last edited:

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
my tip? LOT AND LOTS OF PAST PAPERS AND VARIOUS EXERCISES!

Jesus

Christ
HSC
N/A
umm that seems to apply on all subjects heheh

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I don't think you'd need maths books for english.. :| Its just some advice..most of it does aplly to other subjects as well, but people come here to get help on maths, so l thought l'd put it here :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)