Maths trial paper (1 Viewer)

jonhysmitw2

HSC
I sat a 2u past trial paper and got like 50% this is the first past paper I've done for maths. Is this bad? I usually get 80-90% on in-class tests.

indeed

HSC
It's your first past paper so no need to worry, just need to continue doing past papers, focusing on weaknesses and eventually it'll get better
(it also depends on the difficulty of the first paper, some trial companies/schools write them pretty difficult)

howcanibesmarter

HSC
May I ask which trial paper did you sit? Some schools might be more difficult, and that is why you might've gotten a lot lower of a mark compared to ur class tests. But even then, a 2u paper difficulty shouldn't vary that much, so what I would recommend is to do some more practice question before attempting another paper to see how you go then :)

If you are aiming for the B6 range, you are looking at around 75-80% raw mark

jonhysmitw2

HSC
May I ask which trial paper did you sit? Some schools might be more difficult, and that is why you might've gotten a lot lower of a mark compared to ur class tests. But even then, a 2u paper difficulty shouldn't vary that much, so what I would recommend is to do some more practice question before attempting another paper to see how you go then :)

If you are aiming for the B6 range, you are looking at around 75-80% raw mark
It was Sydney grammar 2022

carrotsss

HSC
Yes that’s absolutely fine, if you analyse your mistakes thoroughly you’ll find (or at least I found) that you’ll improve significantly, my ext 2 trial marks improved by like 30% within my first 4 papers

jonhysmitw2

HSC
Yes that’s absolutely fine, if you analyse your mistakes thoroughly you’ll find (or at least I found) that you’ll improve significantly, my ext 2 trial marks improved by like 30% within my first 4 papers
What do you do if you don't know how to solve the question, like you completely forgot how to do it

carrotsss

HSC
how would you relearn it though?
I guess it depends on your learning style, personally I just read the solution and usually I can figure it out from that (and then write a line in my mistakes book so I remember) but if that doesn’t work you could probably check your notes or textbook I gueds

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)