maths trial tips? (1 Viewer)

breadcrumbs

HSC
hello! i am taking my adv maths trial tomorrow and have completed around 10ish past papers in the past few weeks in order to prep for this. however, i still find myself struggling on the last questions, either contemplating about it for a long time or only being able to do a part of it. does anyone have any last minute tips for tomorrow or have i simply just not practiced enough?

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
hello! i am taking my adv maths trial tomorrow and have completed around 10ish past papers in the past few weeks in order to prep for this. however, i still find myself struggling on the last questions, either contemplating about it for a long time or only being able to do a part of it. does anyone have any last minute tips for tomorrow or have i simply just not practiced enough?
How is your general timing? You want more time for the later questions, especially if you find them hard.

Regardless of how you find the questions, everything in there is something you have learnt, and given that you've done 10 papers - likely seen beforehand. In the actual exam, really try get as much working as possible that you think is directed towards the answer (that way you can pick up some marks). If you have a multi-part question that you are stuck on, try see if you can work on part (c) using parts (a) and (b) - even if you haven't actually solved them.

In terms of right now, I recommend going through those 10 papers and redoing the super hard ones that you were totally stumped with. The idea for tomorrow is going in with as much prep for the hard stuff, given that you can do the easy stuff. Even reading the solutions to see the working and logic could really help consolidate.

Also for during the exam, don't get too panicked and try get into a groove - you have loads of time, and you don't want to be dropping marks on silly mistakes where it should be easy.

Other than that, you should be quite decently prepared since you've done the practice. How have you been averaging in your prep??

Also, get a good sleep today - good luck for tomorrow

breadcrumbs

HSC
How is your general timing? You want more time for the later questions, especially if you find them hard.

Regardless of how you find the questions, everything in there is something you have learnt, and given that you've done 10 papers - likely seen beforehand. In the actual exam, really try get as much working as possible that you think is directed towards the answer (that way you can pick up some marks). If you have a multi-part question that you are stuck on, try see if you can work on part (c) using parts (a) and (b) - even if you haven't actually solved them.

In terms of right now, I recommend going through those 10 papers and redoing the super hard ones that you were totally stumped with. The idea for tomorrow is going in with as much prep for the hard stuff, given that you can do the easy stuff. Even reading the solutions to see the working and logic could really help consolidate.

Also for during the exam, don't get too panicked and try get into a groove - you have loads of time, and you don't want to be dropping marks on silly mistakes where it should be easy.

Other than that, you should be quite decently prepared since you've done the practice. How have you been averaging in your prep??

Also, get a good sleep today - good luck for tomorrow
depending on the difficulty of the paper, i've had around 20-30 minutes left to check over my answers, otherwise i've been spending up until the last second to try and complete the last question.

my first couple papers weren't super strong as i was just trying to refresh my mind on past content but now i've been getting around 85 which isn't totally amazing, but it is definitely an improvement, but still losing marks on some silly mistakes and the last qns.

although i feel pretty prepared, im still a bit stressed over being thrown off in tmrws exam over hard questions but ill be sure to take your advice, thank you!

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
All good - just stay focussed during the exam and don't stress too hard over it - you know your stuff!

Big_Kev

HSC
Are you doing CSSA?? Coz if u are I can sneak my phone in & see the Q's early & send 😈 (kidding)
But fr as @SadCeliac said you got this believe in yourself - Finance Q I reckon will be loan repayments because they asked recurrence relation for annuities/investing last year didnt they? Even things like trapezoidal rule they didnt ask last year so there definitely might be a chance tmr (pretty easy marks if u can just spot the values lmao). Easy stuff like that, just take ur time, relax & you'll notice how you've defo seen most of the question types in the papers you've done, so try to recognise the trends from the past questions & that'll surely help
Don't stress you're gonna do amazing at least a 90 🙏🙏

breadcrumbs

HSC
Are you doing CSSA?? Coz if u are I can sneak my phone in & see the Q's early & send 😈 (kidding)
But fr as @SadCeliac said you got this believe in yourself - Finance Q I reckon will be loan repayments because they asked recurrence relation for annuities/investing last year didnt they? Even things like trapezoidal rule they didnt ask last year so there definitely might be a chance tmr (pretty easy marks if u can just spot the values lmao).
Don't stress you're gonna do amazing at least a 90 🙏🙏
yep! im taking the cssa paper tmrw. fortunately any financial maths qns will be replaced as my school hasn't taught it yet but who knows what my school will chuck in honestly. thank u im praying for at least a 90 too!

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
yep! im taking the cssa paper tmrw. fortunately any financial maths qns will be replaced as my school hasn't taught it yet but who knows what my school will chuck in honestly. thank u im praying for at least a 90 too!
bro just colelctively go to the bathroom 1.5 hour into the exam with ur phone, help each other in this server then ask jimmy to clear all evidence ur good

maryjane05

HSC
The last questions on a trial are targeted towards band 6 students. If you cannot get them don't worry because most students won't be able to. A lot of them tend to have abstract ideas and can be difficult to comprehend in the short amount of time an exam has. Next time you study, just do the last questions of trial papers of top schools like North Sydney Boys, Sydney Technical.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)