maths trig 2u question (1 Viewer)

jonhysmitw2

HSC
Screen Shot 2023-07-10 at 8.05.29 pm.png
how do i do these kind of questions they're so hard to me, my brain just doesn't know what to do to solve these. please help

eternallyboreduser

HSC
N/A
View attachment 38896
how do i do these kind of questions they're so hard to me, my brain just doesn't know what to do to solve these. please help
The technique for this question is to always bring all your “tools”(information you have) down to the base. Then solving is quite easy. These questions are very repetitive regarding the way you approach them so doing similar practice questions will help.

nsw..wollongong

HSC
how did you know which steps to follow though, cause just looking at this question I would not have figured that out
honestly i stared at it till i just decided to brain dump and find the sides for the three triangles in the picture, then it clicked to use the cos rule bc we already found the sides of the triangles. if u need to find the side of something and ur given an angle, use as much of the stimulus as u can (draw separate triangles and find their individual sides or angles, then equate it all at the end)

eternallyboreduser

HSC
N/A
honestly i stared at it till i just decided to brain dump and find the sides for the three triangles in the picture, then it clicked to use the cos rule bc we already found the sides of the triangles. if u need to find the side of something and ur given an angle, use as much of the stimulus as u can (draw separate triangles and find their individual sides or angles, then equate it all at the end)
Another reply for OP:
For these questions always find expressions for the unknown sides of the base. Then usually you’ll be required to use the cosine rule to find the height. To find the unknown sides it almost always uses right angle trigonometry, and obviously you should find it in terms of “h” if you are trying to find the height. Use this approach for all the questions and you’ll be very comfortable will solving them. Good luck!

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
mathematic weapon

View attachment 38900
hope this helps, it takes a couple of steps to get to the answer (its not obvious right away)
nvm guys she had to use the triangle to find what cos60 is 😐

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)