Matrix Chemistry Year 11 (1 Viewer)

HSC
Anyone been to matrix for chem tutoring in year 11? and if u have been in year 12 how was it? I went for science in year 9 and 10 but found it too easy, so I switched to ACE but found them to be very disorganised and unprofessional, as well as the classes being wayyyy too long for how much was being covered. SO i was thinking of going back to matrix

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
I went to Chemistry for On Demand/Matrix+ for Term 1 (Term 4 last year), and now I'm going back face to face for Term 2 (this term). The theory books are really good and really organised (even have the covered syllabus points stated at the beginning of each new lesson in the book). While face to face is pretty good, I also really liked the Matrix+ videos slightly better. They had teachers explain things rather than just read out of the theory book to help you understand better, and they explained everything, even the concept check questions in way more depth than face to face (though I understand face to face, because it's only 1.5 hours and time does go pretty fast). The homework questions are also good, and are really good practice imo.

(Strange about ACE lol, all my friends go there and they say it's pretty good)

HSC
I went to Chemistry for On Demand/Matrix+ for Term 1 (Term 4 last year), and now I'm going back face to face for Term 2 (this term). The theory books are really good and really organised (even have the covered syllabus points stated at the beginning of each new lesson in the book). While face to face is pretty good, I also really liked the Matrix+ videos slightly better. They had teachers explain things rather than just read out of the theory book to help you understand better, and they explained everything, even the concept check questions in way more depth than face to face (though I understand face to face, because it's only 1.5 hours and time does go pretty fast). The homework questions are also good, and are really good practice imo.

(Strange about ACE lol, all my friends go there and they say it's pretty good)
ooh so classes are back face to face now then? if yes, do they still have those videos anyway?

and yeah lol most of my friends go to ACE too but I guess it works differently for each person etc.

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
ooh so classes are back face to face now then? if yes, do they still have those videos anyway?

and yeah lol most of my friends go to ACE too but I guess it works differently for each person etc.
Yes, while classes are back to face to face, they still offer the videos as a separate course (Matrix+ -- https://www.matrix.edu.au/year-11-chemistry-online-tutoring/ compared to On Campus), and the Matrix+ course is cheaper if you're looking on the money side of things. You get access to Workbook Solutions and the Lesson Quizzes just like face to face students, as well as a QandA board thing if you need help with any of the workbook or theory or just need clarification with understanding. I think I'll probably switch back to Matrix+ after this term, I found it to be a lot better for me lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)