Matrix vs Harry's (Maths) (1 Viewer)

jnney

lemon
HSC
Matrix is around 1.2K for 2u Maths a term. 3u Maths is a separate course. Same price. They run for 3 hours each.

failwhale

HSC
Re: 回覆: Re: Matrix vs Harry's (Maths)

Heard Matrix is only good for Sciences.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A

I think my friend is in the same class as you. Is it the one on Wednesday evening?
By the way, I may join the 4U class in term 4 :)
Thursday 6:30-8:30 pm.

khfreakau

HSC

Alternatively, just do past papers during the time you would be at tutoring and get better marks + more money in yo pockets

HSC
Uni Grad

Alternatively, just do past papers during the time you would be at tutoring and get better marks + more money in yo pockets
That's if you don't have many problems related to conceptual understanding though...

nevertheless, looking at the material that SpiralFlex has given me, it does go into a lot of depth within the concepts, as well as the questions. So I reckon Harry's > Matrix

Drongoski

HSC
N/A

Does Harry teach all his maths classes or does he have others for the more lower-unit courses? I suppose it can't be just him since there won't be enough of him to go around.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
what's the difference between acceleration and express? which one's faster?
Accelerated class. Again I would advise you to pick the class according to your suited pace and capabilities.

starryblue

HSC
Accelerated class. Again I would advise you to pick the class according to your suited pace and capabilities.
so express is the normal class? hmmm...i'm thinking of trying it next term...apparently they're starting yr 11 stuff next term...if it's maths, i'll definitely manage...somehow =)

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
so express is the normal class? hmmm...i'm thinking of trying it next term...apparently they're starting yr 11 stuff next term...if it's maths, i'll definitely manage...somehow =)
Just keep up and you will be fine. Do your homework also.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
is there a lot? at the moment i'm dealing with 12 pages per week, if it's more than that then i think i may need to rethink about trying it
He sets a few questions. You can do optional questions from the booklet. There are plenty.

big_bang344

HSC
Does he make up the questions himself or does he get them from a textbook?

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah I accelerated a year at Harry's from yr 8-11 (so, yr 9-12 classes)... it was pretty decent. He'd have these weird random moments that were pretty funny... once he was in the middle of a math problem and suddenly said, you know, yesterday I was walking down a corridor in the dark and I turned and /while mimicking this/ bumped my head and ow! it hurt!

lolol I don't even

Anyway, the homework was pretty decent when I went... yeah there were optional questions, but most people don't do them (unless you're eager... just like at school if you were set optional homework, some would do it, some wouldn't). If you did do them though, you'd notice one or two similar questions in the quizzes :p

And yeah if you did the optional questions you'd be doing it for...a while lol. If you didn't, it's quite reasonable. I think I recall spending ~2 hours max if I did the set ones only.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)