• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Mature Age at ACU (1 Viewer)

brendowillo

HSC
N/A
I'm 27 and left high school early, no further tertiary study but a wealth of life experience gained through travel and work. I want to do a Bachelor of Education (Primary) or Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood & Primary) at ACU Strathfield next year and just did the STAT test on the weekend.

Are there any mature age students at ACU that got in with only a STAT mark that are able to comment on the chances of admission, or anyone that knows someone that was in a similar situation?

juggernaut

HSC
Whats the admission criteria listed on the ACU site ? UNSW and USYD dont accept stat, so i did another method of mature age entrance (a year of prep study of mathematics and chem/bio/phys).

Im sure its similar circumstances to the path i did, in that they cant specificy an exact mark that will get you in to a certain degree - as the way it works is they have an allocation of a certain number of places that will be given to mature age students, which will be filled from those with highest scores to lowest. (Remembering that there are mature age students coming from a variety of paths, not just stat. All the balancing and equalising is done by the UAC and no would have nfi how its all measured)

Hence from year to year it could vary quite significantly based on the chances of who wants to study the degree and there relevant marks. If you have an average mark you may get lucky where hardly anyone else (mature) really wants to study the degree and so you are given a place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)