Med (1 Viewer)

hello10

HSC
Just out of curiosity, anecdotally, what is the lowest ATAR for local entry into med that you know of? I'm assuming a lower ATAR would correspond with a high UCAT result?

idkkdi

HSC
Just out of curiosity, anecdotally, what is the lowest ATAR for local entry into med that you know of? I'm assuming a lower ATAR would correspond with a high UCAT result?
Heard of 97 ATAR, 99 UCAT combos. Edit: referring to UNSW.

Last edited:

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
What about Uni of Newcastle, you just need an ATAR 94.30 study medicine (don't know uCat details sorry). Just mentioned since it was directly referring to UON so I just wanted to put it out there.

Seems great for me if I do reach there, seems more like a realistic goal compared to the other Universities.

Last edited:

quickoats

HSC
Heard of 97 ATAR, 99 UCAT combos. Edit: referring to UNSW.
97 ATAR is likely to have EAS points/alternative schemes for UNSW, for standard admissions, a 99.25+ ATAR and a 2800+ minimum are required. According to admissions, they cut out anyone who did not meet the benchmark, then offered interviews top down in terms of score combo. So a student who got 99.25 and 2800 is likely to not be sufficient enough.

If you don’t get into UoN med the first time round, you could try after 1st year uni? The GPA requirement isn’t too high (anecdotes on MSO - 4.X GPA’s).

OP, are you a Novocastrian? If you’re not local, you could perhaps consider other unis? If you’re rural, JCU, WSU/CSU may favour your application.

Good luck!!

idkkdi

HSC
97 ATAR is likely to have EAS points/alternative schemes for UNSW, for standard admissions, a 99.25+ ATAR and a 2800+ minimum are required. According to admissions, they cut out anyone who did not meet the benchmark, then offered interviews top down in terms of score combo. So a student who got 99.25 and 2800 is likely to not be sufficient enough.

If you don’t get into UoN med the first time round, you could try after 1st year uni? The GPA requirement isn’t too high (anecdotes on MSO - 4.X GPA’s).

OP, are you a Novocastrian? If you’re not local, you could perhaps consider other unis? If you’re rural, JCU, WSU/CSU may favour your application.

Good luck!!
Where did you get this data from? Seems like I got baited by a random kiddo on BOS.

quickoats

HSC
Where did you get this data from? Seems like I got baited by a random kiddo on BOS.
med students online (search it up; it may be censored here) has pretty comprehensive data for undergraduate admissions. The people on there usually post their own offer statistics, which are then compiled. While there is always variation in the data, the information, in tandem with someone's email to UNSW pretty much confirms that this is the interview offer structure (this is the case for regular admission). Naturally, other access schemes will have different cut offs.

NOTE that UNSW is changing their medical school admissions pathways. The EAS pathway is no more, now there is a new scheme which has more requirements (you need to be eligible for ALL of the disadvantages - school, location, parental income etc). This means that those who may have had competitive results for EAS entry may not be eligible for this new pathway, and may miss out on 'mainstream' admission.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)