• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Media and Communications degrees (1 Viewer)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Hello - I just have a couple of questions regarding the BA in Communications(Writing & Cultural Studies) at UTS and the BMedia and BA in Media and Cultural studies at MQ and the BA(Media & Communications) at UNSW.

Firstly, in a nutshell - what has your experience of the degree been? Is it what it looks like on paper? And is there an aspect of the degree at the particular uni that in your mind makes its stand out from the rest for better or worse?

Secondly, I'm likely to be doing a Diploma of Education afterward so that I can do secondary teaching part time, and I was wondering exactly how englishy are these degrees as I need to meet certain prerequisites.
DET said:
(i) a major in English (3 years or 6 semester subjects);
OR
(ii) a 2 year minor (4 semester subjects) in English and either a meritorious academic record or relevant experience in these areas

N.B. At least 1 year of Literature studies must be included in the studies of English. Some Media and/or Communication Studies subjects may be counted as part of the major/minor sequence, provided sufficient Literature studies are present in the previous degree(s).
If anyone has any input that would be fantastic as I'm looking to re-arrange my preferences. Thanks!:)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I don't know if the subjects they do at uts would be counted as literature studies.

The courses at UTS are very hands on and practical, that is what makes them different and so popular.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)