Meet the Music! (1 Viewer)

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
Hey, did anyone go to meet the music or is going tomorrow night. You may as well get there 10 minutes late because the first pieces is complete shit!! but if you enjoy listening to crappy radios and thats all for 8 minutes you might enjoy it. As for the Bass Trombone Concerto....well lets just say it had its moments * cough cough*. finally the pieces that we were all waiting for "Shostakovich 5th" began and besides for a few mistakes in the *cough trumpets cough* it was pretty good, not that i could do any better :D

Eslyssa

HSC
Mmm... Yes, I went to the first night. The Radio piece, is... interesting. I liked it, personally - it made you think, I guess. But it made me feel uncomfortable, awkward, maybe a little nervous? Because I didn't know how to handle something <i>so</i> different.

I was sitting next to a friend who is a bass trombonist, so I must admit I was a little affected by that, but I really enjoyed it. I thought the tone that Christopher Harris got on the long notes was superb, and then way he interacted with the rest of the trombone section... simply amazing.

But yes, I think the Shostakovich was the definite highlight of the piece. Absolutely stunning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)