• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

meeting sales target (1 Viewer)

s.m.i.t.h

HSC
i work in sales
whats the max time the boss will give u if you make no sales before he gives u the sack?

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
During the time I was working at Dicksmith Powerhouse I didn't make any major sales no one cared. Try selling the small stuff first to build up ur confidence.

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
When I worked at Sunglass Hut, the goals were very realistic, so they weren't hard to meet.

Since every store budget is a team effort, you can get away with not meeting your goals every month. Then again you do have lean periods.

I would say after 2 months, the boss would remind you of your sale goals and he or she would help you out in meeting them. If after 6 months you were completely hopeless then you get the chop.

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
They can't sack you based on sales unless it's in your contract. Full stop. Then, you'd probably just be paid commission rather than contracting in terms like that to your employment: it's better for them if they've got someone standing around not selling anything (but still tidying, looking busy, talking, smiling, etc), and not getting paid, than noone at all.

I work at DSE (normal Dick Smith store, not a powerhouse); we don't have individual sales targets, but there is a store-wide sales target and until that's met the managers push everyone (a little), and then it's clear sailing.

IMO, Depending on your job, often little difference between the 'retail' (ie being a store with no pressure) and 'sales' side of employment. In the end, at DSE, while it's considered 'sales' by the head honchos, in the end if a customer doesn't want to buy, what're you going to do? How can you get persuasive about a $5 cable or $10 batteries or a printer when they find a better alternative elsewhere. From there, assuming you can be "selling" (ie pressure and metting sales targets, rather than just informing and being a porter for goods between the back room and the customer's trolley), and they expect you to be "selling", if they don't TRAIN you adequately, you can't "sell" anything.

Forget the sales, do your job, go home. That's all they pay you for.

[/cynicism]

BTW, where do you work?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)