• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Mega Cities Assessment (1 Viewer)

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
I have to do a report focussing on one megacity form the DEVELOPING WORLD and examine:
•the challenges of living in mega cities such as
- housing,
- traffic infrastructure,
- water and power supplies,
-sanitation services,
-employment,
- other social and health issues

• the responses to these challenges such as:
- self-help projects,
- community self-government,
- cooperation from NGOs,
- urban protest
- operations of informal economies.

I was just wondering if anybody had done a similar assignment before, and if so, did u find a city that had a particularly high amount of information for it? I am currently thinking about doing Beijing, but nothing is definite right now. I would very much appreciate any assistance or advice as to which city to choose.

Thanks

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
for the megacity in the developing world, i would prob advise u to use Shanghai as the megacity. You'll have lots of information regarding to ur subheadings. Beijing is also good but its up to u
good luck

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
thanks. the only reason i'm not doing shanghai is because my teacher told our class that his top student did that last year and is giving us a copy of it. so i was hoping to do something different so i have two examples and so it doesnt look like i'm just taking the idea.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
oh yeah if your stuck with anything then let me know..jus send an email to me. also if u dun like doig beijing then i suggest to do bangkok. i watched this video the other day and its so facinating!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)