• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Melbourne (1 Viewer)

rozymisty

HSC
I have come to Melbourne for my 2nd visit, and have gone on the Penguin tour and Great ocean Road. Me coming from Brisbane where we've had a few weeks of storms and heat waves, only brought with me a light jumper, coz the forecast said Melb was meant to be fine, but cooler than Brisbane.

So I get to phillip island and its sooo god dam windy its unbelievable! Particularly on that last lookout before you go the penguin show, since its like right on Bass Strait. Then Penguin show is much the same. My advice, take plenty of layers when you go. I ended up getting a blanket/shawl thing from the souviner shop there coz it was so cold!! Stunning sunset though, pity we couldnt take photos outside the visitor centre

Did the great ocean road tour and allll bloody day it was raining!! Not quite pouring but pretty much near that stage. Apparently was the first time in ages that Melbournians had seen such rain in a while. Doesnt make for a good tour though. Of course it was soo bitterly cold and the rain just felt like ice. I swear that I thought i saw some snow on a few of the bushes on the early stages of the road, but dont think theydget snow.
Either way it was cold...it was like mini hail stones hitting you...mostly in the ears!!! When we got to Apollo Bay, I had to go to a store and get a big jumper, and a hood, and a raincoat....screw the fact that they look dorky but hey, several times my brolly got turned inside out and so after a while you were like oh fuck it, just get wet...going to get wet anyway lol.

Then we got to the 12 apostles, and it was even more windy and cold there! The surf along the coast was amazing though. The tour director was saying that today is a good day to see the ocean coz you can see how rough mother nature can get. Its no wonder so many boats got shipwrecked along that coastline!!

So yeha thankfuly am back in the warmth. It thankfully is only now spitting lightly here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)