• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Memorable Opening Sequences (1 Viewer)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Doing a project for one of my subjects (a machinima in WoW) and the story is about a guy having trouble making an opening sequence to his movie, and I was thinking of getting a bunch of other 'famous' sequences to play through during the discussion, kinda self-aware of it the whole time.

So I got to thinking, what are some really great opening sequences you guys have seen?

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Pulp Fiction has a pretty good one, Reservoir Dogs too come to think of it. No action, really, but a cool discussion and then straight into an awesome song and opening credits.

James Bond movies usually have decent opening sequences.

I'm drawing a bit of a blank here, actually. Sorry. Hope these are some sort of help.

Marny

HSC
Kill Bill...i thought that was an awesome intro. got straight into the action. i hate movies where u have to wait ages to get the action.

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
Saving Private Ryan, Gladiator, Forrest Gump the opening video from Final Fantasy 8 (sure, it's a game but the video is still pretty kick ass).

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
I always liked Captain Sparrow's character introduction in Pirates of the Carribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl.

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
The opening to Memento is also pretty cool.

The Usual Suspects?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)