Memory (1 Viewer)

Mark576

Feel good ...
HSC
Who here believes that they have a good memory? Do you think that it aids a lot at school, for tests? I personally think i have a shocking memory, and in effect i find that to get higher marks i need to study more than someone else, who would remember everything that has been said in class and everything we learnt.

How is your memory, and how do you think it affects scores and overall intelligence?

Neurox

HSC
I think my memory is pretty good overall. For science, i dont really have to study once i grasp all the concepts, except for maybe biology where more detail is required in responses to questions.
For maths, i only do chapter reviews before a test and the formulas are very easy to remember. However for history and other essay related subjects, i really need to make sure that I know every important detail on the textbook and usually on tests, i do pretty well. However i dislike history and other essay oriented subjects, and thats why im doing sciences next year..

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Mark576 said:
Who here believes that they have a good memory? Do you think that it aids a lot at school, for tests? I personally think i have a shocking memory, and in effect i find that to get higher marks i need to study more than someone else, who would remember everything that has been said in class and everything we learnt.

How is your memory, and how do you think it affects scores and overall intelligence?
My long term memory is pretty good. Like, i can memorize information and essays word by word pretty easily, but i usually end up forgetting it after my exams lolz.

Last edited:

A l

HSC
N/A
Memory does not reflect intelligence.
If you understand a concept in depth, then little memory is required. However, if you do not understand it, then chances are, you'll try to memorise it. The more you do not understand, then the more you'll try to memorise to get through exams. Obviously you must remember some things, it's just to what extent should you memorise your course is where the discrimination lies.
If you have a good memory, then if you do not understand a particular concept then you may attempt to memorise it.
However, if you have a poor memory, then you should try to understand the concepts as much as possible, so you wouldn't have to recall as much information. If you understand them well then you can easily extrapolate lots of information from the question or from just one idea.

vizman

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
I've got a very good short term memory, it's needed for cramming :p, but my long-term memory isn't that good.
hahah same here :D

HSC
Basically in most classes hardly anything gets into my head, and I just cram a few nights before. But sometimes some things just stick.

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
I've got selective memory. If my brain decides to remember something then it does, and it does for aaaages. However, if I'm forcing myself to remember something then it probably all gets thrown out once I realise that I dont need to know that certain bit of information anymore.... yeh, pretty much exactly the same as hopeles5ly :D

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
wm_abusef said:
However, if I'm forcing myself to remember something then it probably all gets thrown out once I realise that I dont need to know that certain bit of information anymore.... yeh, pretty much exactly the same as hopeles5ly :D
It's like there's this spring in your head that automatically chucks everything out right after your exam, isn't it? :D

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
hopeles5ly said:
My long term memory is pretty good. Like, i can memorize information and essays word by word pretty easily, but i usually end up forgetting it after my exams lolz.
Exactly right and as everyone has said spring cleaning occurs after each exam. Of course some things I can retain for long periods of time but usually that is things that I enjoy with school not being one of them...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)