• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Messed up Appeal Process - Need Help (1 Viewer)

coyney

HSC
For my SOR Trial I received 9/15 for the short answers section. The marking for that was atrocious as the items they said I didn't include were indeed obviously there.

I then wrote up an appeal for each question stating why I should receive more marks. Said teacher after a week said no and didn't give any explanation. So then I went through the correct appeal process and attached my reasoning to the sheet. Weeks later (last friday) and I still hadn't been given a reply and I noticed that the mark for my trial was unchanged on my report. As a result I emailed my curriculum coordinator (the one who deals with appeals) and asked what was happening as I received nothing back. She stated that because the Studies of Religion Coordinator (the one who re-assesses studies of religion tasks) has been away that instead the original marker HAD remarked my appeal and this had resulted in no change and that I would receive all documentation on Tuesday (24/09/13)

Tuesday then came along and she came up to be and verbally admitted that what she told me in the email was all lies and that the appeal had been sitting on the SOR coordinators desk for weeks. She then went on to say that my appeal had only just be reviewed from another SOR teacher in another school in the previous day(s). I was then handed by her the documentation that I had originally submitted along with poorly written "dot points" of what was wrong with my answers. With this no name of the teacher, or any signing off on my appeal submission was with it.

Bored of Studies Community, what do I do? It doesn't help when the original marker is the assistant principal, his wife is "an SOR teacher from another school" whom I believe was the one that "reviewed" it and when your School Executive Body lies to you.

I wouldn't normally be this persistent but it accounts for a theoretical 12% increase in my trial exam which was worth 50%.

Last edited:

kewon

HSC
do you think that they discriminated against you? If not Im sure everyone was marked the same regardless of what was in the marking criteria and you are unlikely to be granted marks as if they give u extra marks, whats to stop the rest of your cohort demanding the same?

You have already graduated.. I think you should just let it go and focus on studying for your hsc rather than getting pissed off and wasting time on appealing your trial result.

coyney

HSC
do you think that they discriminated against you? If not Im sure everyone was marked the same regardless of what was in the marking criteria and you are unlikely to be granted marks as if they give u extra marks, whats to stop the rest of your cohort demanding the same?

You have already graduated.. I think you should just let it go and focus on studying for your hsc rather than getting pissed off and wasting time on appealing your trial result.
Another student had nearly identical answers to mine and received 14/15. Due to this my rank has suffered and it looks impossible to get a band 6.

Exemplify

HSC
Let it go and focus on the HSC. Clearly they won't give you any more marks.

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
man that sucks.. happened to me in physics, because my teacher for some reason marked according to the sample answer given and not dot points (only for me for some reason), this pushed my rank down to 4th because our class was competitive. I told the teacher straight up right away, ended up getting an extra 7 marks and retained my 2nd ranking.

I'd say its worth to appeal, school's still on right? go in on monday and talk to the teacher first thing

coyney

HSC
man that sucks.. happened to me in physics, because my teacher for some reason marked according to the sample answer given and not dot points (only for me for some reason), this pushed my rank down to 4th because our class was competitive. I told the teacher straight up right away, ended up getting an extra 7 marks and retained my 2nd ranking.

I'd say its worth to appeal, school's still on right? go in on monday and talk to the teacher first thing
The only thing is that school is over.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
You sound like an idiot with a poor attitude.
I was thinking that as well. I think appealing for each individual question is too extreme. Receiving more than full marks lol.
Come back to earth please, and look at the criticism and feedback by your teacher. Then recognise where you actually went wrong.

coyney

HSC
I was thinking that as well. I think appealing for each individual question is too extreme. Receiving more than full marks lol.
Come back to earth please, and look at the criticism and feedback by your teacher. Then recognise where you actually went wrong.
"If not more" as in more than I originally received.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)