• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Messed up in last exam before Trials, tips for improvement? (1 Viewer)

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
I got about 40% in my half-yearly's, and I feel fairly behind and unknowledgeable compared to most of the other students who do tutoring.

For studying, I basically revised the entire syllabus for the exam, however for me there were quite a few curveballs which caused me to get a lower mark.

What should I do daily in order to improve my ranking / prepare better for trials? Currently, I try to finish sheets early, and learn in my own time. But Math subjects are taking up a bit of time as lessons go pretty fast and questions can take ages to finish.

Currently I'm getting 70~'s out of the 4 assessments we have done. With all the other subjects, knowing how to study is fairly clear, but Chemistry I'm not that sure of.

Last edited:

iforgotmyname

Metallic Oxide
HSC
Get the prodigy that inspired you out to help you.

nah, but tbh all your subjects with the exception of Engcancer, you need to do past papers . You might reach a point in chem where you are contemplating about whether to write notes for chem or to do past papers. I would recommend you do a paper first (fulllength). Then identify the places you don't understand very much/a bit iff on. After that, download this (http://community.boredofstudies.org...yle-based-notes-revised-edited-perfected.html) and control f to the sections that you are bad on. If you want more details/better explanations you should go read 'conquering chemistry' which explains the concepts quite well.

After that, spam papers. For Engrish, just write a generic essay that can be easily fitted to another question and practise molding it to different questions .

Maths = practise or get shit marks enough said

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)