Messier Effect (1 Viewer)

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
Could someone explain me the Messier Effect, what I understand is that

When a conductor reaches it critical temperature, it becomes a superconductor. The superconductor has electrons that are formed as cooper pairs, because these pairs do not interact with each other, there is no loss of energy when a current is transmitted, by these electrons resulting to the creation of magnetic field. This magnetic field of the current in the superconductor repels the magnetic field of the external magnet, hence the magnet float above the superconductor.

Am I missing anything ?

mreditor16

HSC

When a conductor reaches it critical temperature, it becomes a superconductor. The superconductor has electrons that are formed as cooper pairs, because these pairs do not interact with each other, there is no loss of energy when a current is transmitted, by these electrons resulting to the creation of magnetic field. This magnetic field of the current in the superconductor repels the magnetic field of the external magnet, hence the magnet float above the superconductor.

Am I missing anything ?
You mean Meissner Effect right?

Fade1233

HSC
N/A

Am I missing anything ?
Cooper pairs stop interaction of electrons with lattice and they oppose all flux remember these are not eddy currents.
http://www.physics.usyd.edu.au/~khachan/PTF/Superconductivity.pdf
See page 2. However for the part where you say it expels flux by formation of Meissner Surface currents is right as a result of superdiamagnetism.
Or you can go onto this to understand further:
http://www.cengage.com/resource_upl...4493394/4891/SerwayCh12-Superconductivity.pdf

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Imo not really a good explanation. Has the right ideas but they aren't explained very well or use the right terminology. Maybe a band 3/4 answer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)