MetalHeads Are Intelligent! (1 Viewer)

Magicana

HSC
(enigma) said:
but then youre missing:
progressive metal
hardcore
metalcore
grindcore (and whatever other 'core' styles there are that i don't know about)
nu-metal
funk metal (and various other fusions)

not sure id agree on viking/death metal being grouped as the same thing though, death metal is usually a lot heavier. plus the whole cookie monster vocals. but then i havent heard a lot of death metal so i could be wrong there.
Amon Amarth is a bit of both ;)

Legham

HSC
I think another genre that should be on the pic is Folk Metal.. Theres quite a few folk metal bands popping up these days.

iwannarock

HSC
Legham said:
I think another genre that should be on the pic is Folk Metal.. Theres quite a few folk metal bands popping up these days.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFBYIT4fvcY

on many occasions i've felt the need to listen to this on loop whilst wearing a viking hat and drinking mead from those big mugs with the things that close on top.

:santa:

Legham

HSC
^Thats kickass :D I havent listened to that band before. Folk metals so funny :p always sounds so jolly and festive and.. alcohol-fuelled :)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Yes. The fact that you don't consider Maiden to be metal means you're an idiot. Heavy distortion, croaky voices and the use of power riffs almost exclusively are not requisite for the metal genre, and the fact that bands like IM and JP are so highly revered by almost every band in every kind of metal as the gods of the genre says that you're so terribly, terribly mistaken.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Legham said:
Iron maiden isnt metal by today's standards.. Id refer to them as classic metal, just because they used to be metal like 20 years ago. but they're more like rock these days..
LOL!
And to all the people who agreed....LOL!

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
withoutaface said:
Yes. The fact that you don't consider Maiden to be metal means you're an idiot. Heavy distortion, croaky voices and the use of power riffs almost exclusively are not requisite for the metal genre, and the fact that bands like IM and JP are so highly revered by almost every band in every kind of metal as the gods of the genre says that you're so terribly, terribly mistaken.
You make way too many assumptions. WAY too many. Please note that I never said they are not metal. I called them Power Metal, a genre of metal. Next time read up son.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
So please tell us what exactly you meant by "that Iron Maiden is not metal is half right." So they're not metal but they're power metal, which isn't quite metal, but also inclusive of metal.

alez

feel like an angel
HSC
lol i liked metal when i was like 3 yrs old. weird huh. deaf leopard or something. whatever

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
AsyLum said:
So please tell us what exactly you meant by "that Iron Maiden is not metal is half right." So they're not metal but they're power metal, which isn't quite metal, but also inclusive of metal.
Yes. Exactly.

To summise that quote of mine, I regard IM as Power Metal. I AM SORRY IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ME, JUST DON'T CRITICISE ME FOR IT.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
bringbackshred said:
Yes. Exactly.

To summise that quote of mine, I regard IM as Power Metal. I AM SORRY IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ME, JUST DON'T CRITICISE ME FOR IT.
So you've agreed that you don't know what you're talking about. Excellent, we can now ignore anything you say.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
You're all the same, the lot of you with your long hair and faggot clothes

Good song, that one

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
AsyLum said:
So you've agreed that you don't know what you're talking about. Excellent, we can now ignore anything you say.
Congratulations on being retarded. I stated my opinion, and simply because it clashes with yours, you think that I don't know what i'm talking about. Fuck off. I'm done with you.

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
And I must also mention that I never agreed with what you said by posting "Yes. Exactly.".

I suppose it takes someone with a sense of humour to realise that I was joking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)