• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Methodologies. (1 Viewer)

bootyfulz

blonde at heart..
HSC
would it be wrong if there was more primary research than secondary research or vice versa?? or should it be more of a balance to show diversity??

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
bootyfulz said:
would it be wrong if there was more primary research than secondary research or vice versa?? or should it be more of a balance to show diversity??
it is not wrong to have one more than the other. Some PIP topics are suited with more primary research, like those that doesn't have much secondary information. Likewise some topics have an abundant of resources in which a students can utilise. But please do not reply too heavily on either one of them.

miss_depp

The Graduate
HSC
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe your secondary research should compliment your primary research. Just do as much as you can, I know I'd rather have too much information than not enough.

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
Secondary research should be used to both compliment or in some cases refute your primary evidence...like you could be arguing against commonly held veiws so your state teh secondary eveidnce then say :however the research carried out by the writer has shown a very different picture"

its a case of you need both, and secondary evidence has a strong role to play!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)