• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Mfinance at ANU or Mcom at UNSW (1 Viewer)

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
I am probably not going to keep my maths degree anymore as I have had some problems and have screwed myself up.

Just thinking, what is more useful if you want to be a trader? A MFinance (2 years, so enough time for internships), or a MCommerce in Finance (1 Year, but from a better uni in business). (these courses require no background in commerce/finance)

The MFinance will also give an opportunity to lead to a PhD if I am that inclined at the time.

Bear in mind my undergrad is not quantitative at all :) And I will probably have a D average by the time I graduate. Or possibly 2i/1st class honours.

Affinity

HSC
What about Mfin at UNSW

EDIT oops it's M fin math

considered overseas?

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A

Academic Requirements

Entry to the Master of Finance requires an Australian Bachelor’s degree with a major in finance from a recognised institution (or overseas qualifications deemed equivalent) with a credit average overall and with a credit average in the finance undergraduate major or equivalent.

http://www2.fce.unsw.edu.au/nps/ser...nheritableArea&maxWnd=_MFin_EntryRequirements

Not eligible unfortunately.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)