• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Mid Session Application with a GPA of 0 (1 Viewer)

indiansummer

HSC
hey guys,

didnt know which sub forum to put this in, so move if you feel necessary. for one reason or another (call it lack of motivation) i'll end the first semester of my first year of an undergrad commerce degree at unsw with a gpa of 0.. under the presumption i'll fail all 4 of my subjects. yeah i know, in hindsight, I shouldve dropped out before the academic census date. if I were to drop my degree now... would my GPA still be considered in a mid-session application to UAC? (not a transfer) if it is, how heavily would it impact on my standing and is there any way to not count my results this semester towards my GPA?

thanks in advance.

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
indiansummer said:
hey guys,

didnt know which sub forum to put this in, so move if you feel necessary. for one reason or another (call it lack of motivation) i'll end the first semester of my first year of an undergrad commerce degree at unsw with a gpa of 0.. under the presumption i'll fail all 4 of my subjects. yeah i know, in hindsight, I shouldve dropped out before the academic census date. if I were to drop my degree now... would my GPA still be considered in a mid-session application to UAC? (not a transfer) if it is, how heavily would it impact on my standing and is there any way to not count my results this semester towards my GPA?

thanks in advance.
nay fool, its just ur UAI

get out of commerce, its terrible

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
indiansummer said:
hey guys,

thanks in advance.
What degree you planning to transfer to? Commerce aint that bad lol nor extremely hard

indiansummer

HSC
Hakz said:
What degree you planning to transfer to?
I'm looking at a few Journalism courses, but have yet to decide.

Hakz said:
Commerce aint that bad lol nor extremely hard
Each to their own. Besides... B.Information Technology (eBusiness) - UOW, II?

Back on topic, when I apply to UAC after dropping my degree, is there any special mention I have to make of previous study? And any course I apply to definetly won't take into consideration prior tertiary work?

Thanks guys

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
indiansummer said:
Each to their own. Besides... B.Information Technology (eBusiness) - UOW, II?

Back on topic, when I apply to UAC after dropping my degree, is there any special mention I have to make of previous study? And any course I apply to definetly won't take into consideration prior tertiary work?

Thanks guys
Just do what I do- I just didn't tell them I'd done any previous study. And I had no problems.

P.S I don't know where you're going with the B.IT comment. Degrees are hard and/or interesting to different people. I dislike both Commerce and IT, but you don't see me having a go at people doing them.

Trajan

HSC
A High Way Man said:
nay fool, its just ur UAI

get out of commerce, its terrible
Yes, this kid is telling it like it is.

I think in first year they just look at your UAI.

indiansummer

HSC
Josie, I wasn't having a go at B.IT, I was wondering how the poster even knew how a Commerce degree was like when they were doing something different altogether at another uni.

anyway, thanks for the clarificaton.

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
indiansummer said:
Josie, I wasn't having a go at B.IT, I was wondering how the poster even knew how a Commerce degree was like when they were doing something different altogether at another uni.

anyway, thanks for the clarificaton.
I have done intro to management, business communications, business law and statistics, all of which are commerce stuff thats why i was telling you that its not too bad. My degree is related to business aswell and thats the good part, as the actual Information tech stuff is quiet hard.

Also, you posted earlier: "B.Information Technology (eBusiness) - UOW, II?", that means im in my 2nd year hence ive done a few bit of subjects + have experience about uni.

Last edited:

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Lol yeah Intro to management is a great representation of Econometrics or 3rd year Macroeconomics.

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
ari89 said:
Lol yeah Intro to management is a great representation of Econometrics or 3rd year Macroeconomics.
umm the guy i was aiming the post to [Indiansummer], is in his first year of uni (according to info) and i have done a majority of 1st year commerce subjects.
Econometrics or Macroeconomics are subjects of an Econ major, there are plenty of OTHER business majors such as Management.

juggernaut

HSC
Failure at a tertiary level is always considered when entering into a degree

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Hakz said:
umm the guy i was aiming the post to [Indiansummer], is in his first year of uni (according to info) and i have done a majority of 1st year commerce subjects.
Econometrics or Macroeconomics are subjects of an Econ major, there are plenty of OTHER business majors such as Management.
Yet your excuse still means shit all about your statement saying that commerce isn't hard. You can't do introductory subjects forever.

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
ari89 said:
Yet your excuse still means shit all about your statement saying that commerce isn't hard. You can't do introductory subjects forever.
Ok let me explain in simple words so u understand: "The first year of commerce aint so hard".

Also its his first year, so a lot of students are really afraid of failing, but they will get use to it as they go along.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Hakz said:
Ok let me explain in simple words so u understand: "The first year of commerce aint so hard".

Also its his first year, so a lot of students are really afraid of failing, but they will get use to it as they go along.
But that isn't what you said:D
Let me say this in words you just might be able to understand: is it really that hard to not be so shit, hakz?

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
ari89 said:
But that isn't what you said:D
Let me say this in words you just might be able to understand: is it really that hard to not be so shit, hakz?
Ok, thats nice. Also business communications is meant to be a 2nd year commerce subject.

Now stop getting off the topic, i just noticed today that i had a reply to my post on this thread, now stop crowding it with crappy post.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Hakz said:
Ok, thats nice.

Now stop getting off the topic, i just noticed today that i had a reply to my post on this thread, now stop crowding it with crappy post.
Send me abusive and threatening PMs about it like usual then:D

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
ari89 said:
Send me abusive and threatening PMs about it like usual then:D
Oh man, please dont start this crap again i havent spoken to you for a while now cause all you do is stir shit up. Just go away and done get the mods involved.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Hakz said:
Oh man, please dont start this crap again i havent spoken to you for a while now cause all you do is stir shit up.Just go away and done get the mods involved.
I corrected your idiocy. Then you had to be all rude and attempt to talk down on me.

PS. Please make sense as it makes it hard to reply.

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
ari89 said:
I corrected your idiocy. Then you had to be all rude and attempt to talk down on me.

PS. Please make sense as it makes it hard to reply.
oh sorry i didn't know this was a spelling test, even if it were i wouldn't trust your skills.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)