• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Mid-Year Transfer. (1 Viewer)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
I am going to try and transfer after semester one (I know it rarely happens) and I am just wondering if anyone knows who I apply to (UAC or my University) and when I have to do this by:confused:? Thanks for any help:).

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Merethrond
I am going to try and transfer after semester one (I know it rarely happens) and I am just wondering if anyone knows who I apply to (UAC or my University) and when I have to do this by:confused:? Thanks for any help:).
ask your uni if the course you are trying to transfer to allows mid year transfers, if so, ask if you can internally transfer - but if not, you'll have to apply with UAC. Check their website for the opening dates for applications

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Re: Re: Mid-Year Transfer.

Originally posted by Minai
ask your uni if the course you are trying to transfer to allows mid year transfers, if so, ask if you can internally transfer - but if not, you'll have to apply with UAC. Check their website for the opening dates for applications
OK, I suppose they will have all the information. It is too early to be asking the University about this though:)? Thanks for your help too:).

great_gregory

I'm really just OK...
HSC
From the UAC site:

2004 mid-year admissions
Applications for 2004 mid-year admissions through UAC will open in early April 2004. Courses and information on how to apply will be available then. Not all institutions participate in mid-year admissions and institutions that are participating do not offer a full range of courses for mid-year.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
where are you going santaslayer? You are sooo not dropping law!

Oh and Im pretty sure if you're transferring within ur own uni uac doesn't get involved

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Im just telling merethrond wat my position in since he seems to be in the same, quit with the attitude

great_gregory

I'm really just OK...
HSC
Woah, settle down mate. I don't have an attitude. All my posts were done in the spirit of friendliness. You think I have an "attitude" simply because I have a different answer for Merethrond (who may or may not be a guy, with that ava :p)? The fact is that i'm going to the same university as Merethrond, and so that would seem to add some weight to my words. I too, am just advising him on what I know.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
just to clarify, if you internally transfer, UAC is NOT involved

great_gregory

I'm really just OK...
HSC
I might have to go back to Student Services again. The guy I talked to mightn't have known what he was talking about. :p

Generator

HSC
N/A
Not every university allows internal transfers from one degree to another. Transferring 'down' or across a stream would be another issue, though, as people in this thread have already stated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)