• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Mini - Pip Questions (1 Viewer)

steviedwonda

HSC
Hey guys if u can be bothered can you answer these questions. I need 2 Males and Females from ages 14-24 and 2 Females and Males from the age of 25 and up.

Sex: Male/Female

1. Do play any electronic games? Why?

2. Do you own a computer or other gaming consoles to play electronic games? Why?

3. Do you think men or women are more accepted in playing electronic games namely online games? Why?

4. Do you think technological advancements over time have made playing online more accepted in society?

5. Has technology made it easier to access electronic games namely online games? How?

6. Is playing online games addictive? If yes how many hours a day, do you usually play?

7. Why do you think online games are addictive?

8. Do you think playing electronic games namely online games have become more expensive overtime due to new technology which is required to play these games? (E.g. computer systems) ?

9. Do you think electronic games have become more of a sport over time? Why?

For 14-24 - Do you think that you will be playing electronic games namely online games in the future? Why?

For 25 and up - Did you think when you were younger that you were going to be involved in electronic gaming namely online gaming as you are now? Why?

Thanks in advance,
Steven

mollyrianne23

HSC

Sex: Female

1. Do play any electronic games? Why? yes, not very offten. i play them out of bordem, they are usually pretty simple games but they fill in time

2. Do you own a computer or other gaming consoles to play electronic games? Why? i own a computer and once owned a 64 and PS2, um i had those when i had more time on my hands ( not doing my HSC) but i owned them for entertainment. They were fun, all you friends would play them with you and they never seemed to get old.

3. Do you think men or women are more accepted in playing electronic games namely online games? Why? men, i only know a select few women who play online games, but tons of guys who are hooked, like on World of Warcraft and stuff like that.

4. Do you think technological advancements over time have made playing online more accepted in society? yes, the technology isnt understood by the older generations so much. Online gaming is generally accepted.

5. Has technology made it easier to access electronic games namely online games? How? yes, theres downloads- of games, there is faster net connections which allows the user to play games quicker and easier, the games themselves are technology as well.

6. Is playing online games addictive? If yes how many hours a day, do you usually play? i know it can be not for me personally, but i know of people who will do nothing but play online, miss school to play WOW.

7. Why do you think online games are addictive? they are addictive because the player gets to advance, they can gain a sense of achievement. They have tasks they have to finish, goals to meet. Especially with online games they can also interact with others.

8. Do you think playing electronic games namely online games have become more expensive overtime due to new technology which is required to play these games? (E.g. computer systems) ? i wouldnt really know, i know for some online games you have to pay to play, faster internet is expensive and better graphics and hardware also cost more for those who need those things to play.

9. Do you think electronic games have become more of a sport over time? Why? yer, they is a lot of competivness about them.

For 14-24 - Do you think that you will be playing electronic games namely online games in the future? Why? no, ive never played for long, there always seems to be something better to do.

For 25 and up - Did you think when you were younger that you were going to be involved in electronic gaming namely online gaming as you are now? Why?

jannyh182

HSC

Sex: Female

1. Do play any electronic games? Why?
Yes, mainly to pass the time, and to help myslef di-stress about school work (I'm not allowed to go out much so games are my one way to pass time)

2. Do you own a computer or other gaming consoles to play electronic games? Why?
I have a household computer which i use, and a PS2, which is shared between me and my two brothers (aged 10, 17). My older brother mostly wanted it because "everyone else had one", although at the moment no one's allowed to play coz he's in his HSC year, and it would be a major distraction

3. Do you think men or women are more accepted in playing electronic games namely online games? Why?
I think men are more accepted, whenever i tell someone i love playing electronic games they're like "what, a girl playing games!" I have no idea why men are more accepted.

4. Do you think technological advancements over time have made playing online more accepted in society?
Yes, just the number of sites dedicated to playing games online is enormous, as well as the kind of games sold at shops are mostly electronically based, such as Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, on PS2 has a section where you can play online against random people around the world

5. Has technology made it easier to access electronic games namely online games? How?
Yes, with the rise of the internet, you can easily have one window open with "school work" and another one on the side with a game playing.

6. Is playing online games addictive? If yes how many hours a day, do you usually play?
For me personally no, but i guess for some people, they may have to do something on their online game eg neopets, they have to feed their pet, earn money (by playing) to buy their pet games or toys.

7. Why do you think online games are addictive?
i think i answered that in question 6...

8. Do you think playing electronic games namely online games have become more expensive overtime due to new technology which is required to play these games? (E.g. computer systems) ?
Yes, if you have an old computer, or gaming console, you may have to buy a new one (or get an expensive update) if the game you want is not compatible with it

9. Do you think electronic games have become more of a sport over time? Why?
Yes, in the past sport has been a way to have fun with friends, but with the rise of electronic games, you dont really need friends you can see, you can have your "virtual" friends. Also people these days mainly cant be bothered to go out and fun, when they can have just as much fun indoors and online.

For 14-24 - Do you think that you will be playing electronic games namely online games in the future? Why?
...in the future as in when i'm old... i dont know maybe, i guess i might for "old times sake" though probably not as often as i do now.

133T

HSC

Sex: Male

1. Do play any electronic games? Why? Yes. It gives me a sense of control in a chaotic world full of paying board to my parents and getting wedgies in the street.

2. Do you own a computer or other gaming consoles to play electronic games? Why? I have Desktop. I like to play online. You should see my epic mount!

3. Do you think men or women are more accepted in playing electronic games namely online games? Why? Women. We don't get to meet them much otherwise, so it's a welcome change.

4. Do you think technological advancements over time have made playing online more accepted in society? Yes. The ladies love it when I tell them how much silver I have on my account.

5. Has technology made it easier to access electronic games namely online games? How? Wireless keyboards make it easier to play from the couch.

6. Is playing online games addictive? If yes how many hours a day, do you usually play? Addictive? pffft no. I just like to play a lot. In 48 hour blocks. Sleep is for the weak!

7. Why do you think online games are addictive? Escapism?

8. Do you think playing electronic games namely online games have become more expensive overtime due to new technology which is required to play these games? (E.g. computer systems) ? It's worth it.

9. Do you think electronic games have become more of a sport over time? Why? Yes. Lifting the coffee mug and the pizza to my mouth has really toned up my arms.

For 14-24 - Do you think that you will be playing electronic games namely online games in the future? Why? I could be 14 if you wanted me to be: yes. A lot. There's big money in it. Do you honestly think people in the future will want to live their real lives when they could be so much better than that?

For 25 and up - Did you think when you were younger that you were going to be involved in electronic gaming namely online gaming as you are now? Why? Yes. I knew it was my calling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)