• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Misadventure? (1 Viewer)

moesbarn

HSC
Does anyone know how much of a difference misadventure would make to my uai? I understand that for the HSC exams I might be able to use my assessment marks, but what about misadventure during the year? I'm don't really understand how it works.
So far I was in hospital because of a heart problem a couple weeks before my first lot of assessments, then I had tonsolitis just before and during those assessments. Now the half-yearlies have rolled around, I missed 2 of the last 3 weeks of school cause of tonsolitis (the weeks known as the teacher's cramming period, when they realise how lil time they have to finish teaching), then I missed the first 3 of my halfyearlies cause i broke my scapula and couldnt write, and now i've just missed the 4th one cause i have tonsolitis again. With some luck i might actually be able to take tomorrow's exam.
Has anyone here been through this kind of misadventure? Anyone who can advice me what to do and possibly what it might do for my mark?
Thanks.

aek

Banned
HSC
Well i'm not so sure in your case, but my friend's mum died and he was eligible for misadventure. He's getting 5 points*. However, if your sickness has affected your results in school then i'm sure your more than eligible for misadventure, you'll probably get 5 marks*.

*It's not five points extra, but 5 points minused from the course you choose ie. if you get 90 and your course is 95, then your course will drop to 90 and you'll make it .. not the other way around which most people think

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)