missed the preliminary round . (1 Viewer)

nesta102

hi, everyone i am an international student who currently at oversea for holidays.My uai is 91.4.orignally i think the the date of changing preference for main round is before Jan 6th. Actually after Hsc exam, i thought myself did extremely badly and change my preference at once because of the low mood. but after the realeasing of uai, i am so happy to get the result and want to change preference in my mind, but i didn't change through uac web,occasionally during this time i travelled to some places and also have a long christmas holidays, then i did change my preference in Jan 4th, because all my classmates told me the deadline for main round preference change is jan 6th, but to my surprise , on that day i found uac book said (changes of preference for international applicants must be received by midnight on sunday 2 jan to be guaranteed for consideration in Preliminary round offers. after this you may still change preference before 6 jan as main round).and on the morning of jan 5th,i have received the prelimimary round offer which i really really don't want( 84 uai ), and what i want is B of commerce in uni of sydney ( 2005 projected uai is 90.05).i missed the preliminary round .

my enquiry is :

1.do i still have got the chance to receive the offer for B of commerce in sudney uni as preliminary offer and make it as a special case ?

2.do i still got the chance to enter in main round, what's the difference between main and prelimiary around?

3. must i accept the preliminary round offer, if i do, will u continue sending me the main round offer, if i don't , what will happen?

4.the cut-off uai for international fee- paying student at main and prelimary round will be same or not?

5for example, if my uai is 91.4, and B of commerce in sydney uni for internaional fee-paying applictants is 90.05(assume), will it rise in main round?

6.does it mean preliminary round is mostly for oversea stduents, if u missed, you will be seen as local student in main round , which the uai cut-off is higher , maybe i will miss the 1st preference?

7.what kinds of disadvantage i will take if i missed preliminary round and go to subsequent round?

thank for your help, your sincerely

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)