• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Missing out on a Course (1 Viewer)

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
I had a friend who got a lower uai than needed for her course, 73 i think she needed 78 or somethin. she contacted the faculty and set up a meeting and talked to the head guy there. she got into this course. how exactly does this work, if i got a lower uai but i wanted to get into a course like commerce in UOW. what needs to be done, ive heard of a principals recommendation, but she just contacted the faculty. can anyone help me?

asscookie

dork.
HSC
Well, from what I've been told, UOW works a bit differently to other places. I'm no expert (evidently heh), but apparently they look at your study records and your marks, and assess your eligibility for a course by that. I know a guy who got into medicine at UOW before he'd even finished year 12, it was all based on his current marks.

I could be wrong.

mack

Banned
HSC
I think that's the "Early Entry" scheme they have at UOW. I'm not sure how many other uni's have it, but I'm pretty sure you can't do this at USYD or UNSW.

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
deviation said:
as if i u can do that at USYD/UNSW
well the stated UAI's required to get into courses are only an indicator. Of course people can get in with a lower uai as long as the demand isn't crippling. Same goes for overly competitive courses, you might just get the stated uai but still miss out due to better competition and the limited number of places in your desired course. I've got friends who got about 3 uai points under the so called cut-off for adv. science at sydney and they got in. Same with med sci, I got a HS friend that got 2 uai points under the 93 cut-off.
Just apply and hope for the best. If not then you can always transfer after a year of uni, no sweat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)