Missy Higgins "special two" (1 Viewer)

ledge56

HSC
Hello

I am currently Studying Music1. I am in year 12.

For my performance core 10%
i was Planning on performing Missy Higgins "Special two" on Piano.. But only playing the chordal Accompainment . My Piano teacher said she would sing the melody.
As commonsense would tell me .. I am getting marked on playing the piano , not her. I told this to my music teacher at school on what i was planning to do. She did not think it was such a good idea since it wouldnt bring out my piano playing abilities to the fullest.
So i suggested to her that i play The peice how it is written ( Melody included) .
My private piano teacher did not think it was a good idea since the song is made for Vocals to sing the melody .. NOT piano

Any advice on where to go from here ? im all out of idea's . WHHAT SHOULD I DO?

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
I'm inclined to agree with your Private Teacher.

If you're being marked on playing the piano, playing a piece which has vocals isn't a good idea, unless you're doing the vocals yourself.

How good a pianist are you? You are better off looking for something simple which is only for Piano. For example, the Love Themes from Love Actually are super simple and very nice to listen to - if this is all you want for Music 1, then you're better off doing that IMO.

Downside is that Love Actually music is hard to source, but I have copies which I can provide for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)