• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

MKTG202 and ECON210 (2 Viewers)

schoolschool

HSC
Hi, I am about to undertake these subjects and was just wondering from anyone who had done them previously. How did they find them? Difficult? Alot of Maths? Alot of Reading? Type of Lecturers? Are they Ilectured? Assesment Types?

Thanks

Tabris

HSC
ECON210 is an extension of ECON200, it basically applies everything u learnt in 200 to government economics. Its very theoretical you will be doing pareto again, social welfare functions etc. etc. Utility and taxes etc. logrolling, public choice and all of that.

Is it fun? No, it wasnt my favourite and having Pundarik didnt help (At least it was easier than when Abelson took it)

The assessment was a MC test, essay/research topic and a final, back when i did it. Reading is optional, lecture notes for me was enough to get a decent credit and the lecture notes were almost identical to econ200.

Finally dont buy the Gruber textbook, dont even touch it, its all American and useless. Just use ABelson's textbook in the course reserve section in Library and grab Gruber if u really need it.

schoolschool

HSC
Thanks for the quick reply. So i guess if you can get a credit in 200, this subject shouldnt be too difficult. Is there a stack of maths, or is it just graphs? Also what is the lecturer like, do they give ilectures and does he actually teach the subject or just read notes. Thanks

Tabris

HSC
The lectuer i had is Indian and speaks with a rather heavy accent, as for ilectures, i doubt they used it. AS for the maths, its no more complicated than what you had in 200, perhaps even lighter (less formulae and more theory) but the utility functions and graphs et. al. are still there.

Most of the time, its a slides based lecture, you see key points and graphs in the slides and the lecturer just adds abit more meat around the bones to the content.

mohamed100

HSC
Hey Tabris, thanks for all the info!

Just wondering whats the name of Abelson's textbook, or whats the guys full name?
I tried "abelson" in the library catalogue, but there are heaps of abelsons.

cheers thanks for the help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)