Mod B Help (1 Viewer)

shumaker

HSC
How exactly do I prepare for Mod B? My prescribed text is TS Eliot and I am sort of at a loss on how to prepare for it and I think it my weakest module of the lot. Are there any resources that will provide a comphrensive understanding of the poems?

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
How exactly do I prepare for Mod B? My prescribed text is TS Eliot and I am sort of at a loss on how to prepare for it and I think it my weakest module of the lot. Are there any resources that will provide a comphrensive understanding of the poems?
Summarise each poem
Make sure you get the key concepts and ideas
Learn key quotes

That's my plan

Big_Kev

HSC
U probably already know but wherever u can try to link to Eliot's context especially stuff like the urbanisation, the nihilistic zeitgeist of Europe after WW1 etc. coz our teachers hv said that markers look fondly upon this stuff
My class feels like its gonna be an extract Q this year from either Prufrock/Preludes/Rhap coz they havent given a specific extract Q in a couple yrs (last one was Hollow Men 2020 I believe) so just incase wouldn't hurt to know how go about that
If u want jeddle on Youtube has done a bit of unpacking of the poems they're a good resource to use to understand mod b a little more (also other mods if u want)
But Dw ur gonna do amazing either way 🙏

Here's a list of words I made if u wanna make some final touches to poem analysis could be good to see if you can just include them anywhere to enrich ur analysis:
Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 5.50.12 pm.png

Last edited:

nsw..wollongong

HSC
Also dont forget it's a mod which needs critic quotes (ngl a lotta ppl have said they make up critic quotes 💀 but it would seem kinda harder to make up quotes spontaneously about an idea rather than memorising them right!?!)
U probably already know but wherever u can try to link to Eliot's context especially stuff like the urbanisation, the nihilistic zeitgeist of Europe after WW1 etc. coz our teachers hv said that markers look fondly upon this stuff
My class feels like its gonna be an extract Q this year from either Prufrock/Preludes/Rhap coz they havent given a specific extract Q in a couple yrs (last one was Hollow Men 2020 I believe) so just incase wouldn't hurt to know how go about that
If u want jeddle on Youtube has done a bit of unpacking of the poems they're a good resource to use to understand mod b a little more (also other mods if u want)

Here's a list of words I made if u wanna make some final touches to poem analysis could be good to see if you can just include them anywhere to enrich ur analysis:
View attachment 40011View attachment 40012
no it doesn't need critic quotes

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
Also dont forget it's a mod which needs critic quotes (ngl a lotta ppl have said they make up critic quotes 💀 but it would seem kinda harder to make up quotes spontaneously about an idea rather than memorising them right!?!)

View attachment 40011View attachment 40012
FLANEUR ❤❤❤❤❤ ee1 people loving that lol

SASH_06_X

HSC
hsc markers don't "look" for critic quotes, it doesn't necessarily add to ur essay bc its not ur words rather its someone else's
my teacher told me critic quotes show your "appreciation"which she said comes from research and reading. I think theres something abt this in the rubric, it goes something like: "to develop their(your) own intepretation of the text based on evidence from research and reading." I always thought "research and reading" meant critics articles too. Now I'm confused-

nsw..wollongong

HSC
my teacher told me critic quotes show your "appreciation"which she said comes from research and reading. I think theres something abt this in the rubric, it goes something like: "to develop their(your) own intepretation of the text based on evidence from research and reading." I always thought "research and reading" meant critics articles too. Now I'm confused-
idk man the senior markers I've been talking to said that whenever they come across a critic quote, they just skip past it bc it doesn't add nor does it detract from the student's analysis, ur just wasting time and space that u could've used to answer the actual question bc to them, ur relying on someone else's analysis to support ur own. u would be showing ur 'appreciation' thru ur analysis

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)