• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Mod C help (1 Viewer)

xibu34

HSC
I'm having trouble coming up with a broad essay for an English exam on Module C. My prescribed texts are "Eulogy" by Gough Whitlam, "Picture a Vacuum" by kae tempest as well "Father and Child by Gwen Harwood". We've been told the stimulus will be about change although I'm finding it difficult to think of a imaginative/discursive/persuasive essay that I can base around this. Has anybody studies these prescribed texts before and would be willing to give me some ideas ?

dav53521

HSC
I'm having trouble coming up with a broad essay for an English exam on Module C. My prescribed texts are "Eulogy" by Gough Whitlam, "Picture a Vacuum" by kae tempest as well "Father and Child by Gwen Harwood". We've been told the stimulus will be about change although I'm finding it difficult to think of a imaginative/discursive/persuasive essay that I can base around this. Has anybody studies these prescribed texts before and would be willing to give me some ideas ?
I only did father and child but if I recall correctly it is in a Diptych structure where the first part is about the narrator shooting an owl and recalling it and how their father forced them to kill the owl they have shot which my very limited notes creates strain on their relationship as the father holds the power over the child which allows him to remove the child innocence using his power and how this has strained the relationship as the child resents the father. While in the second part it is abut how the father is now old and the child has grown up and has now fixed the relationship with their father as they have grown wiser and is now loving of him as they know their father is dying and has accepted it and they are now spending time with their father as they know that the father is not going to be with them much longer. I guess this shows change as it demonstrates how in the past the narrator resented their father due to what they forced them to do but is now wiser and now loves him and appreciates what he has done.

I'm not completely sure if this is correct but this is what I have written down in my notes for father and child.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)