Mod C + Reflection (1 Viewer)

vajayjay

HSC
In the hsc, are the marks from your creative/discursive/persuasive completely independent from your reflection? As in, hypothetically if you wrote a reflection that isn't completely accurate to your creative, could you still get full marks? I hope this makes sense, basically I'm asking if they mark them as seperate works.

katiekms

it’s like a big train wreck (la la la)
HSC
In the hsc, are the marks from your creative/discursive/persuasive completely independent from your reflection? As in, hypothetically if you wrote a reflection that isn't completely accurate to your creative, could you still get full marks? I hope this makes sense, basically I'm asking if they mark them as seperate works.
i’ve been wondering this too

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
That is a good question. I think that the answer to it would be a mix of both. A reflection to a piece will be inherently connected to the piece because its purpose is to discuss/analyse elements of the piece and establish appropriate links with the relevant authors/texts from which inspiration was drawn. As such, inaccurate analysis can result in mark deductions. Examples include:
  • Mentioning a technique and/or quote in your reflection that does not exist in your piece
  • Providing an inaccurate analysis of a technique and/or quote in your piece.
At the same time, HSC exams typically request a piece of a certain type as well as a reflection as two separate questions, rather than as one question. This means that each response is not to be considered as one response, and that each response will be awarded a mark primarily based on its content. Because of this, it is possible for a student to write a low-quality piece but still receive a good mark for their reflection if the quality of the analysis is good. Of course, it is more likely that a student will receive a good mark for their reflection if the quality of their piece is high, simply because they will have a greater and better selection of elements to analyse, which increases the chances of writing a good quality reflection.

I hope this helps! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)