Mod C Tips? (1 Viewer)

girlwithnoname

HSC
^^^ Anything please. I open the paper and my mind is BLANK. I'm fine with reflections, but coming up with an idea on the spot is really hard. On the verge of a mental breakdown for this module haha.

dunkie

HSC
^^^ Anything please. I open the paper and my mind is BLANK. I'm fine with reflections, but coming up with an idea on the spot is really hard. On the verge of a mental breakdown for this module haha.
ikr mod c is like the hardest part of english advanced why isn't there much more emphasis on it 😭

d1zzyohs

HSC
use cultural stories, and trauma.

but don't be a cringelord and write about really deep, suicidal shit. teachers see this all the time, and they hate it (from the teachers I have talked to). it's inappropiate, worrying and weird.

if your disconnected from your culture - maybe take inspiration from another culture; the power of smell and touch is really important to get a good grasp of your situation in the story.

for example:

'I walked down to the pier - where I saw the sunset rise beyond the seas. A wistful feeling of dread, yet a rising day.'
compared to:
'The smell of sea salt wisps upon the shore; the radiant sun caressing the skin on my face - etc.'

good luck :0

Anaya R

HSC
Practice
Also be familiar with the different senses you can use, and pop culture references are ok for discursive afaik

girlwithnoname

HSC
use cultural stories, and trauma.

but don't be a cringelord and write about really deep, suicidal shit. teachers see this all the time, and they hate it (from the teachers I have talked to). it's inappropiate, worrying and weird.

if your disconnected from your culture - maybe take inspiration from another culture; the power of smell and touch is really important to get a good grasp of your situation in the story.

for example:

'I walked down to the pier - where I saw the sunset rise beyond the seas. A wistful feeling of dread, yet a rising day.'
compared to:
'The smell of sea salt wisps upon the shore; the radiant sun caressing the skin on my face - etc.'

good luck :0
This is amazing advice, thank you so much!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)