Moderation for EE2 (1 Viewer)

Asheroth

Paranoid Android
HSC
So ordinarily, the primary function of your assessment marks is to determine ranking within your class so you can moderate the exam marks properly.

Is this still the case with English Extension 2? I mean, your 'exam' mark is just the mark you get for your Reflection Statement and your Major Work. It seems a bit silly to award marks based on the regular system, as the MW's are very personal and take a lot of time to complete - I wouldn't be happy if I was awarded a mark for it based on my assessment ranking.

Anybody help?

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
hmmm, you seem a bit comfused. You say "assessment marks is to determine ranking within your class so you can moderate the exam marks properly." when it is in fact somewhat the opposite. You are right in saying that assesment marks are largely to determine rankings, but the assesment mark, does not effect the exam mark itself. The exam marks are actually what moderates the internal marks.

OK, I'll just try and clear things up a bit. There are 2 components of your HSC aligned mark (HSC mark): the internal mark and the external mark. The external mark is a mark that has nothing to do with your assesment ranking- it is a mark awarded for your MW, as it stands (including the RS). The internal mark however is effected by the exam mark, though not necesarily by your own mark, but by the marks of the rest of the class. Anyway, I'm not being heaps clear, but believe me- I do know what I'm talking about and I am right, if a bit unclear.

so right, your exam mark isn't effected by your internal ranking/assesment mark.

Asheroth

Paranoid Android
HSC
The first part of the system as I know it:

1. Your assessment marks are added up and the rankings established.
2. The person ranked first gets the highest exam mark as their assessment mark.

So what you're saying is that after this step, the exam marks stay as they are, and the only thing that changes is your assessment mark? So if I get a dodgy assessment mark for EE2 and slay the MW, my exam mark stays the same and my assessment mark gets scaled (hopefully upwards)?

I only ask because I managed an 8/15 for my proposal this term.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
Yeah, you've essentially got it now. Don't get too down about one average mark- there is still 80% worth of assesment to go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)