Modern essay thesis HELP! (1 Viewer)

jojosiwa123

HSC
guys with a thesis (To what extent question), is it okay to say “x was PARTIALLY the cause of xyz” or a judgment of SOMEWHAT?

or do we have to be actually definite and pick an actual side eg xyz was majorly responsible for the downfall of the Romanov empire

mmmm.

HSC
I think we can say x played a role to some extent, however it was mainly influenced by ...

RossoneriAU

HSC
guys with a thesis (To what extent question), is it okay to say “x was PARTIALLY the cause of xyz” or a judgment of SOMEWHAT?

or do we have to be actually definite and pick an actual side eg xyz was majorly responsible for the downfall of the Romanov empire
Yeah you don't need to say x was majorly responsible for y, but i would recommend agreeing to the question even if it is only to a minimal extent. This allows you to discuss point x in para 1 and explain why it was/wasn't responsible for xyz, and then discuss why your more relevant points (i.e. points y and z in paragraphs 2 and 3) were greater catalysts in the causation of xyz instead of point x.

Good Luck!

jojosiwa123

HSC
Yeah you don't need to say x was majorly responsible for y, but i would recommend agreeing to the question even if it is only to a minimal extent. This allows you to discuss point x in para 1 and explain why it was/wasn't responsible for xyz, and then discuss why your more relevant points (i.e. points y and z in paragraphs 2 and 3) were greater catalysts in the causation of xyz instead of point x.

Good Luck!
is it ok to be like “Stalin was somewhat responsible for the civil rights movement” (ok bad example sorry)
ive been told u shouldnt sit on the fence (ie say somewhat) as it weakens ur argument?

jojosiwa123

HSC
I think we can say x played a role to some extent, however it was mainly influenced by ...
oh oops didn’t read this. thank you! nvm I get it now thanks guys!!!!!!!

RossoneriAU

HSC
is it ok to be like “Stalin was somewhat responsible for the civil rights movement” (ok bad example sorry)
ive been told u shouldnt sit on the fence (ie say somewhat) as it weakens ur argument?
as long as you're not agreeing that Stalin was responsible for the Civil Rights movement, you should be good lmao

turtle67

HSC
I only just finished prelim, but we were told to say 'to a limited extent' or something like that, to directly quantify the extent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)