• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

modern trial papers (1 Viewer)

ch888

HSC
anyone willing to share their trial papers/questions for russia, conflict in indochina and civil rights? cheers!

Pielavender1234

HSC
Hey so for Russia it is:

-Account for bolshevik consolidation of power by the early 1920's.
OR
-To what extent did Stalinism impact on Soviet Society in the period up to 1941.

For indochina it is
-Assess the impact of the second Indochina war on civilians in Vietnam
OR
-Why did the US fail to achieve victory in the second Indochina war?

Sorry for trials my school did not do section 4.

If you dont mind could you please send your russia, conflict in europe and apartheid (if you have it), questions?

karamazova

HSC
Russia
(a) Assess the significance of differing visions for the USSR in the leadership conflict of 1924-1929.
(b) To what extent can Stalinism be considered totalitarianism in the period 1928 to 1941?

Indochina
(a) To what extent were the anti-war movements in the US responsible for communist victory in Vietnam?
(b) Assess the impact of the war on civilians in Vietnam.

Civil rights
(a) Which key event had the most significant impact on the civil rights movement? Justify your response (5 marks)
(b) Explain the southern white reaction to the civil rights movement (8 marks)
(c) To what extent was the Civil Rights Movement successful at achieving social and political change for African Americans by 1968? (12 marks)

hope that helps! funnily enough i'm doing all the same topics

karamazova

HSC
Hey so for Russia it is:

OR
-To what extent did Stalinism impact on Soviet Society in the period up to 1941.

For indochina it is
OR

If you dont mind could you please send your russia, conflict in europe and apartheid (if you have it), questions?
ty for sending your school's questions!! these were mine for conflict in europe though we didn't do this option:

Conflict in Europe 1935-1945
(a) How significant was the conflict in North Africa to the outcome of the war in Europe?
(b) How significant were the Allied strategies to their victory in Europe

I'll have to have a look for the apartheid questions later

ch888

HSC
Hey so for Russia it is:

OR

For indochina it is
OR

for russia my school's one was:
- assess the impacts of the bolshevik consolidation of power on the soviet union to the 1920s
- account for the reasons for stalin's emergence as leader in the 1920s

my school didn't have other options - only the ones that we do were listed, thanks for your response!

Last edited:

ch888

HSC
Russia
(a) Assess the significance of differing visions for the USSR in the leadership conflict of 1924-1929.
(b) To what extent can Stalinism be considered totalitarianism in the period 1928 to 1941?

Indochina
(a) To what extent were the anti-war movements in the US responsible for communist victory in Vietnam?
(b) Assess the impact of the war on civilians in Vietnam.

Civil rights
(a) Which key event had the most significant impact on the civil rights movement? Justify your response (5 marks)
(b) Explain the southern white reaction to the civil rights movement (8 marks)
(c) To what extent was the Civil Rights Movement successful at achieving social and political change for African Americans by 1968? (12 marks)

hope that helps! funnily enough i'm doing all the same topics
thank you so much!! did your paper also have conflict in the pacific questions as well by any chance? - all the best for ur hsc, love elliott smith too by the way :')

Last edited:

karamazova

HSC
thank you so much!! did your paper also have conflict in the pacific questions as well by any chance? - all the best for ur hsc, love elliott smith too by the way :')
youre welcome!! here are the conflict in the pacific questions, hope they help : )

Option B: Conflict in the Pacific 1937-1951
(a) How did the war affect civilians in occupied territories in South-east Asia?
(b) How significant was the use of the A-bomb to Japan's defeat in the Pacific?

best wishes to you as well! always lovely to find another elliott smith enjoyer in the wild <3 i actually made my senior jersey a reference to waltz #2 (xo) haha

ch888

HSC
thank you again - also thats so sick haha i love that song! what other subjects do you do?

karamazova

HSC
thank you again - also thats so sick haha i love that song! what other subjects do you do?
youre welcome!! i do english advanced (or i guess did, now that english is done with), ancient history, and physics! i also did maths advanced and chemistry last year : )

how about you?

ch888

HSC
youre welcome!! i do english advanced (or i guess did, now that english is done with), ancient history, and physics! i also did maths advanced and chemistry last year : )

how about you?
ahhh must be nice to do accelerated, but i do english ext 1, maths advanced, modern, bio, and pdh! i also did hext for a bit but dropped it bc i found myself losing interest and time haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)