Module 1 Question (1 Viewer)

Hipeople

HSC
Hi, how would you structure a module 1 question worth 5 marks: explain how emission spectra works. use the expected terminology, and include a labelled diagram for this process.

What would the labelled diagram look like?

wizzkids

HSC
Module 1 is "Properties of Matter" and it includes flame tests of different ionic solutions of metals, and spectral evidence supporting the Bohr model of the atom.
I suppose you could ask a student to recount a first-hand investigation of flame test for potassium ions and copper ions.
Recall the flame colours (1 mark), account for the difference in the flame colours (1 mark), then describe how this evidence supports the essential features of the Bohr model with a diagram of the Bohr model (3 marks).

Hipeople

HSC
Module 1 is "Properties of Matter" and it includes flame tests of different ionic solutions of metals, and spectral evidence supporting the Bohr model of the atom.
I suppose you could ask a student to recount a first-hand investigation of flame test for potassium ions and copper ions.
Recall the flame colours (1 mark), account for the difference in the flame colours (1 mark), then describe how this evidence supports the essential features of the Bohr model with a diagram of the Bohr model (3 marks).
Thank you. I just my wording wasn't exactly right. I meant how would you structure the answer to the question.. But thanks for your input, it helped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)