• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

module guides? (1 Viewer)

wallid

HSC
winston did you find where i can get those module guides

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Andrew_Blackwel
What module guides are you talking about
For each Module in IT i was given a module guide, i remember it was on the BOS site i'm pretty sure, you know how it's like ICT928493 watever and then it's called like Working with office packages or whatever.

Andrew_Blackwel

I Teach this subject
HSC
N/A
Go to my website

home.kooee.com.au/andrew_blackwell

scroll down to administration

and download

competencies.zip

Winston

HSC
lol well thats the one Andrew, but strange u have it in doc form like that i remember last year i was given them in landscape and it was different, but anyway they are the ones, thanks Andrew :)

Winston

HSC
I thought that they were landscaped??
its portrait the ones i downloaded from ur site.

Winston

HSC
oh wait it's only this one:

Design organisational documents using commercial computing packages

lol...

wallid

HSC
thanks for that.
how do i study from your website, you dont have notes on each topic?

wallid

HSC
also andrew, i have learnt literally not one thing in I T since i started in year 11, and the hsc is coming up. what do you suggest i do.. where should i get notes on all HSC topics to study from? you think tafe would give them to me

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by wallid
also andrew, i have learnt literally not one thing in I T since i started in year 11, and the hsc is coming up. what do you suggest i do.. where should i get notes on all HSC topics to study from? you think tafe would give them to me
Download the notes on the main page of this site www.boredofstudies.org they are very very succinct and useful, sutdy alot about word, access and excel, know your terms, how to achieve things, go through past papers etc.... best of all go trhough the module guides , id advise you to go to www.hsc.csu.edu.au, and look for notes too... in each module highlight the key aspects which are HSC requirement, look them up, and learn tthem, dont get what a dot point is asking you, post it here.

Winston

HSC
Download the Ditzy_Ezza Glossaries
Those are actually tables of glossary obtainable from the charles sturt website.

Drag-0n

HSC round 2
HSC
heya..
im with wallid.. aint learnt a single thing since the start of yr11.. and we have done 5 work sheets since the begining of yr12.... it pisses me off coz our teacher doesnt go out of his way to help us either.. im looking for outside info.. anyone got any ideas on a good text book? i went up to hornsby tafe bookshop and the guys there told me there wasnt one specific book, and that he had sold out of many of the good ones.. so i bought the best one i could find... its preety average tho so i was wondering if n e one knew n e good texts to buy.. name and author if u can :D..
thanks guys

Andrew_Blackwel

I Teach this subject
HSC
N/A
There are several resources that u can buy if you are willing to spend a lot of money. Here are a few resources that I use that may help you.

If I dont list the Author yet don't worry cause I will post them up tomorrow cause im not at work at the moment.

The fundamentals of System Administration
Essentials of IT and Network Administration P.Eastern House
Heinemann @ Work Information Technolgy Cert II (Chris Hartles and Mark Kelly)
Certificate II in Information Technology Self Pased LEarning Materials (Edsonic) IT24 1623
Communicating in an IT environment

Plus you are welcome to browse my website

home.kooee.com.au/andrew_blackwell

Drag-0n

HSC round 2
HSC
Thanks Andrew.. much appreciated! i picked up a text book called
A journey of discovery through How computers Work by warren Butler and Johb Shallard.. it isnt that great but its got a little bit of everything..
Ill look at some of the books you suggested and i appreciate the resources u have on your website.. thanks

Andrew_Blackwel

I Teach this subject
HSC
N/A
Also I have that book and it is pretty good but u need to draw a number of resources to be able to study for this course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)