• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Monash JD 2009 (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hi all,

Please assist me with my query:

My background:

I have completed my BCom from Melb Uni in 2006 with a 74.3% average.

I have 2 years full time work experience, including being part of a Graduate Program.

I will be handing in my application in/around Feb-March for Mid-Year entry into the Monash JD

(i) Based on my brief synopsis, would I stand a good chance of gaining entry in the Monash JD mid year intake?

(ii) Does anybody here know, or have any idea what the Monash JD interview is like? i.e: How many interviewer are there and what sort of questions they ask.

I am expecting to get through to the interview stage (hopefully based on my application/credentials), I just need some info on how best to ace it and secure a place in the Monash JD 2009 Mid Year intake.

Can anyone give me any tips? :)

Thanks for your help,

HipHop

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
hiphoppresident said:
(ii) Does anybody here know, or have any idea what the Monash JD interview is like? i.e: How many interviewer are there and what sort of questions they ask.
There'll two I think. Possibly the course coordinator (ie. not the course convenor) and one of the lecturers. They'll ask you about your resume, your substantial achievements, they'll ask you about the answers you gave in your application, they may ask you to elaborate and reiterate. They may ask you how much you know about the law in general (ie what is your experience with it that led you there), what you are expecting from a career in the law, they want to know whether you've made an informed choice and the likelihood of you surviving the law degree, they'll want to know what your goals are after graduating. They'll ask you 'why Monash?'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)