Monster & Thirteen (1 Viewer)

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
Hey,

Who has watched Monster of Thirteen.

I have heard so many good things, and read so many good reviews for both films that I had to watch them. And they don't disappoint.

For those who have watched 'Monster' or 'Thirteen', what are you thoughts?

And to those who haven't watched them, WATCH them. They're both based on real-life stories, and 'Thirteen' may come as a surprise to many of you.

dangerousdave

HSC
Is thirteen that movie about ghosts where they wear special goggles to see them? Well, I've seen that movie and I liked it, wasnt exactly scarey but still a good movie.

capsicum

HSC
dangerousdave, there are two movies titled "thirteen". the one you're talking about is a different one to the one hyperbole's talking about. i've seen both, and yeah, thirteen (the ones with the girls) is a shocker! total absolute shocker! i can't believe what happened was true too - the girls with the drugs, sex, tattoos, belly piercing at the age of just thirteen!

haven't seen Monster, heard it's real good and worth seeing. i'll have to get my hands on it this holiday!

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
dangerousdave said:
Is thirteen that movie about ghosts where they wear special goggles to see them? Well, I've seen that movie and I liked it, wasnt exactly scarey but still a good movie.
No.
The film I'm referring to is about two thirteen year old girls, a popular one and a 'goody goody' type, and basically the transformation from a goody-goody to girl who takes drugs, shop-lifts, drinks etc.
It's based on a real-life story, and one of the girls in the film actually co-wrote the film. Its really goos, and its shocking and surprising because you don't expect thirteen year olds acting that way..

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
I've seen monster, enjoyed it thoroughly because i had watched the documentary of Aileen beforehand, but i was not happy with the depiction of lee...but fascinated by charlize therons performance and replication of aileen, it's so amazing! they're so similar...yeah

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
Monster was a mediocre movie. Christina Ricci was awful. Theron chewed the scenery in some parts, but overall, a solid performance.

Thirteen was stellar, but a collection of "LIfetime Community Service" type reflections, about childhood rebellionism, and the difficulty of puberty. Evan Rachel Wood recieved my pick for Best Actress - Runner Up (Behind Jennifer Conolley for HOUSE OF SAND AND FOG) and Holly Hunter makes 2nd Runner Up (Behind Runner Up Maria Bello for THE COOLER and Winner, Shohreh Agdashloo for HOUSE OF SAND AND FOG).

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
hsc 4 life:
did you feel as though she had every reason to do what she did?

oh the following may or may not be a spoiler.

i understand that killing the first one was right, and that she should not have killed the others, but i think again, and the ones she killed were abusive and reminded her of the first....
I don't know, but execution does not do anyone a favour. Rehabilitation!!!

Last edited:

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Thirteen was a fucked up film, but I enjoyed it all the same.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)