Most diffcult since the bike (1 Viewer)

Jin-17

Another fall, another trip, another scatch, another bruise.

Yes, its the harsh truth. Here I am trying to learn how to rollerblade properly and all I seem to be doing is falling over and making an ass out of myself. What is wrong with me???? I see all those half sized little kids doing it and here I struggle to just stand up without craking a bone or two. Anyone have any tips on going downhills on a rollerblade, beacuse I would foever be grateful if u told me how.

Fi

Sorry dude can't help you there.
But don't despair!!!!!!! I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO RIDE A BIKE:D . Yes i'm not afraid to admit it!!

and you know what???? ..............I DON'T KNOW HOW TO SWIM:D :D :rofl: .

O.K i should stop, this is getting embarassing:shy::

Jin-17

And I thought I had it tough in this world. No worrys mate, as long as you avoid the big open sea "she will be right" and also for the bike, my advice is what use is a bike which you use energy for when you can take a car which is so much faster. The big downside of this is what happens ig your gf is drowning than?
Maybe its time for truth or dare heh heh:) Used to love that game as a lad until I had to kiss my friend's sister. Not that she was bad looking or anything, but I am like so inexpericed in this sort of thing and I take my hats off to the pros:D

Fi

Thanks for the support:)
You're right about the whole bike thing.....I mean really who needs them.
But i think i have to work on my swimming skills.
You see this year at our swimming carnival i almost drowned.
As i was gasping for breath, this little year 7 girl just swam past me like it was all alright!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I actually grapped hold of her, but she pushed me off,
i began sinking, sinking and sinking.................................until my principal saved me ...quite embarrassing actually!!!!

Jin-17

Maybe I would have used it to my advantage and get a chick to rescue me. Who says that the hero has to be a male anyways. We live in a world and society where we hope to have equal rights for all. Personally I would be off the moon to be rescued by a femal, as my thanks, take her out to my heart desire "China town" with all those foods and stuff. Yummy

Felix: I

i don't reeeaaally know how to rollerblade but i can...
maybe you should learn to move around on a level surface before flying downhill?
another thing i remember about "wheeled shoes" is that always put your weight forward, and never backwards....
that's about all i know...and the only place i've rollerbladed in is a rollerskating rink.....

Dan_the_man

If you're into rollerblading and want to see the pros go to wollongong on Saturday for EWW2- Eight Wheel War no 2... wish I could get a lift down there.. but it is not to be.... for starting out just make sure your push your legs outwards instead of straight up and down... hit big hills they're lots of fun... go to skateparks you'll learn if you don't give up

Christine

beige member
HSC
Originally posted by natstar
Anyone got any tips to share that will guarenttee me passing!!!!!?????
yep go to mt druitt rta - apparently they pass anybody and always remember to indicate out of a double lane roundabout!!

Fi

Can u drive at least????????
no.............there's nothing wrong with that.............right?????
well i've got my L's (i've had them for 2 years), but have not had the chance to drive yet......i have to prepare mentally before i begin.

timmii

sporadic attendee
Originally posted by natstar
Anyone got any tips to share that will guarenttee me passing!!!!!?????
Relax and be friendly. When i went for mine i spoke to the instructor the whole time rather than gritting my teeth and staring straight ahead - it shows them ur mature and can handle distractions and are confident (although don't do it unless they talk to u first, and also don't do it tooooo much, or else they may consider u a hazard).

Don't wear sunglasses, just pull down the visor - they like to watch ur eyes. look both ways at traffic lights even when green , ditto for giveways - move ur head so they can see clearly what ur doing.

If ur not sure whether u should do something, i.e change lanes, turn etc....talk it thru outloud, so they can either a) help u or b) can see ur thought processes, so that even if u do the wrong/semi-wrong thing, they can understand the logic behind ur decision.

I suppose being able to drive well might also help.

Good luck!!!!! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)