• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Most profitable gambling game (1 Viewer)

HSC
What would you say is gambling game to go into if you want to make the most money, and why?

I'd say Poker is up there, if you know how to play, because in any table game, the house is the favourite. In the long run, you will lose money in all table games unless you have some type of counting system with blackjack.

With poker, you are playing the player, not the house, so if you know what you are doing, your odds are better with poker.
<!-- / message -->

<!-- / message -->

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Nah man I have this roulette system. You just bet on red or black, whatever tickles your fancy, and if you lose you just double your bet. You can't lose!

SomeoneCool

Banned
HSC
bazookajoe said:
Nah man I have this roulette system. You just bet on red or black, whatever tickles your fancy, and if you lose you just double your bet. You can't lose!
Sounds good to me!

HSC
Roulette is great if you just want to make quick money and you get lucky.

Roulette odds on black and red still give the house over a 5% edge

however, if i remember coorectly from a statistics textbook years ago, roulette is probably statistically closest to a "fair game" if you just bet on black or red or odd or even, etc...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)