Motivation? How to get it (1 Viewer)

Elliotrof

HSC
To be completely honest, I don't really have a goal in regards to what I do at University or whatever, But I'm lacking the motivation to work none the less, I'd like to go to University and get a UAI of over 80, but my Will to work is gone, due to me doing an insanely large amount of study and not getting the marks I wanted, yer its depressing :p SO how do you guys, or did you guys and gals motivate yourself if you didn't want to work, or got a bad mark after a large amount of effort? I really need your help heh, just a quick idea or two to help me through it, Don't wanna leave it till its too late ;) and im on the gutter.:eek:

robo-andie

HSC
I remind myself of where I could be in years to come.

It's always enough to make me go "yep, definitely have to do some work".

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I didn't have a uni goal either, I just wanted a good mark but my motivation came from wanting to please my teachers pretty badly (lame as it sounds...) and beating people around me (streak of competitiveness here...).

Not sure how much that applies to you but liking your subjects usually helps (though you might not be able to do much about that now) cos the more you like it, the more likely you are to try harder and do better after a miserable assessment.

Stutyding alot and not getting good marks is bloody frustrating I know but that needs to be fixed quickly by asking your teachers where you went wrong STRAIGHT AWAY so they can put you on the right track. It's usually because you veered off the point in what you're studying and wasn't aiming at the right goal in terms of the assessment. Just make sure you find out what's wrong now and then there is a much better chance of doing great in the next assessment, provided you work as hard as you are now. ...That's probably the key to your motivation.

For some, doing badly means MORE motivation to do better but if you're like me, I need good mks in order to spur myself on more.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Motivation the following link is a search on the various motivation topics that have been around the board in the past few months have a read through those and hopefully you can understand other peoples motivations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)