• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Motivation Problem? (1 Viewer)

Sammyboy29

HSC
N/A
It seems that I have hit an all time low in motivation for school work... I realize that school work is important in some cases, and my problem is not one of lacking work ethic. For instance, right now i should be doing a project (which i put off until today), yet i cant seem to find a good enough reason to do it...I am very into entertainment, as such that i play several musical instruments, i love to write and explore my fictional side...to the point at which i have considered these things as a career option. I find that the work I am doing at school does not at all interest me. I sit here, knowing the reprocussions for not doing the work, yet it doesnt phase me....dont get me wrong, i have no desire to fail school, or drop out or anything, and my grades are not that bad...and sometimes i feel that i do my best work when have very limited time. I was just wondering if a.) i am the only one...and b.) if there is anything i could do

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
a. No.

b. Do the work. It really is that simple everyone at one stage or another in their education suffers from lack of motivation and procastination but there really isn't anything anyone can do as you have to do the work no matter what, it needs to be done so you just have to force yourself to do it whatever way possible.

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
Thinking of work as exams sometimes help. ... Sometimes. Or one of those if-you-don't-you-must-die things that you absolutely definitely must do over everything else :D

ellen.louise

HSC
Sammyboy29 said:
It seems that I have hit an all time low in motivation for school work... I realize that school work is important in some cases, and my problem is not one of lacking work ethic. For instance, right now i should be doing a project (which i put off until today), yet i cant seem to find a good enough reason to do it...I am very into entertainment, as such that i play several musical instruments, i love to write and explore my fictional side...to the point at which i have considered these things as a career option. I find that the work I am doing at school does not at all interest me. I sit here, knowing the reprocussions for not doing the work, yet it doesnt phase me....dont get me wrong, i have no desire to fail school, or drop out or anything, and my grades are not that bad...and sometimes i feel that i do my best work when have very limited time. I was just wondering if a.) i am the only one...and b.) if there is anything i could do
that's been me for the past week. it's year 12 syndrome. We work so hard all through year 11. I did anyway. I kicked arse in all my exams. I did really really well. And all that, to sit just below the top. It wasn't all i thought it would be so i stopped doing so much work. As for working best on limited time, i reckon you are probably a procrastinator who, like me, if afraid of failing, so when you really, really need to do the work you will do it.
I would suggest trying to get as much work done as possible when you do get the occasional burst of motivation. When you really really can't be bothered working, or you sit there for hours trying to do something but your brain doesn't work, play some music or something productive to get your brain back into gear.

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
I would suggest you get involved in the subjects you're currently studying within the HSC. Apply interest within the subjects so that it motivates you.

Another good way to motivate yourself is to develop a goal; after you've completed the HSC, you can then study a subject you're interested in at university level, such as music.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)