Motivational Stories (1 Viewer)

bbychocoholic

HSC
I don't know about anyone else but seeing as I'm not doing as well as I want to be (and possibly not even going to get into university) and feeling completely depressed about the HSC, i was just wondering if anyone has any pick me up / motivational stories about your success or your own journey to give all of us out there who DON'T do well in the HSC/get what they want/need or are just feeling plain down about their marks some hope and advice as to what to do.

Thanks guys!!!

bbychocoholic

HSC
oh right
thanks guys - i was looking for that thread but I couldn't find one, hence why I started this one!

oh and makdaddy - i've been meaning to thank you for the hsc countdown page! it is now my homepage and reminds me constantly of the need to be working hard! esp. when i feel like slacking off, giving it all up and hopping onto facebook or bos. so...THANK YOU :D

rolandgill98

HSC
N/A
Don't beware of exams. Just take it easy and study well. Im sure u will get better result.

bored of sc

HSC
Just know that you are not alone. There are 70,000ish students experiencing the same feelings as you. Learn to rise to the challenge but also know the HSC is by no means the be all and end all. In fact, once you've moved on to tertiary education/the workforce you'll think to yourself, why did I get so worked up? It's a natural cycle that many students experience so keep your chin up and before you know, it'll all be over.

Raw Trial Mark --> Final HSC Mark
80 --> 88
69 --> 84
76 --> 91
58 --> 84
57 --> 80
81 --> 91

Perhaps these mark comparisons are some source of motivation. :) By the way, I came out of each HSC exam thinking Damn, Band 3 here I come.

Kralex

HSC
Just know that you are not alone. There are 70,000ish students experiencing the same feelings as you. Learn to rise to the challenge but also know the HSC is by no means the be all and end all. In fact, once you've moved on to tertiary education/the workforce you'll think to yourself, why did I get so worked up? It's a natural cycle that many students experience so keep your chin up and before you know, it'll all be over.

Raw Trial Mark --> Final HSC Mark
80 --> 88
69 --> 84
76 --> 91
58 --> 84
57 --> 80
81 --> 91

Perhaps these mark comparisons are some source of motivation. :) By the way, I came out of each HSC exam thinking Damn, Band 3 here I come.

damn, 58 to 84? 57 to 80? What is this shit. 4U?

Makdadddy

makdaddy.net
HSC
Trial Exam =/= HSC Exam

The school just might have set it much harder, or he might have just stuffed up the trials

Makdadddy

makdaddy.net
HSC
Yeah don't think assessment tasks are an indication of how you will go for the HSC. Haha, for Cro I was getting 95+ for every assessment, was expecting a HSC mark of 95 at least... in the end, since there was only 17 people in the course there was only 1 band 6 and I got 86 which I was pretty disappointed with, but as they say, life goes on.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Initial assessments:

- Failed my 3U half yearly exam. Ranked bottom half.
- Was ranked 8/12 in Physics. The people below me were international students only, so it was disappointing.
- Ranked 6/12 in Chemistry

Final assessments:

- Top 3 for 3U. Came 2nd in the trial.
- Came 1st in the Physics trial, 3rd overall.
- 2nd in the Chemistry trial.

Keep fighting.

thuanvon

HSC
In my opinion to be motivated go visit the uni that you really want to go to and check out the libraries etc. its really self motiviating!

then you should write a target score for e.g. "Aiming to get __ ATAR",this will always prompt in what your aiming for

its no the amount of study you do its the "effective study" that you do

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
failed 3 unit maths trial. I kid you not, I did nothing for it and got something like 15%. Ended up getting an overall mark of 43.

it's possible.

darkcounty

thas unaustralian... hic
HSC
Yeah, Mathematics Extension 2 and Chemistry.
So this sort of stuff only happens for 4 unit kids. You should add a disclaimer to your motivational stories so the rest of us sub par humans don't get our hopes up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)