Moving overseas for University (1 Viewer)

emilyjay

HSC
Hey everyone
So I'm pretty much all set to move to Des Moines, IA, USA for college after I receive my ATAR in December.
However, I'm studying general maths at the moment and failed chemistry whilst doing it in year 11 before dropping.
My question is- do you think I will need to go to a community college and study some maths and chemistry before starting in September 2015, as they were subjects I was advised to do? Or, do you think since i have completed them I will be considered to have done them and no need to re-do them?

The whole concept is very confusing to me and I'm wondering if as a subject advised to have done I need to pass them or have just completed the course.

Please let me know your guess!

Thankyou :biggrin:

astroman

HSC
why don't you self teach it to yourself now during the time you have until HSC results, or maybe hire a tutor instead of wasting time and money at a community college? If you don't have clear understanding's of high school content of math and chem you will most probably find higher education at college much more difficult so use your time wisely, you still have some time.

Thief

!!
HSC
If they advised you to complete it, it means that they expect that you understand the concepts of those subjects, and you won't struggle at college when they move onto harder topics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)