MP3 Players (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
What are the better brands to buy? I don't want to spend a fortune but I want a decent MP3 player that holds a decent amount of songs....

I'd love an ipod but I think they are a bit too expensive... are they really that great though, or a bit overrated?

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh

I'd love an ipod but I think they are a bit too expensive... are they really that great though, or a bit overrated?
They're nice and sleek but i don't think they support WMA as the other Portable Devices do.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
How much, roughly, do you reckon a good MP3 player is?

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
ipod is shit ... no fm tuner, no voice recording, short battery life and need to replace battery every 12 months, which costs $US100 also the ipod is very expensive and accesories are also very expensive ... yes it has a good interface and looks good but thats it! if u want a big mp3 player get iriver ihp-120/ihp-140 or wait till new range comes out which will have a colour screen ...
the best brand for mp3 is IRIVER! whether it be for flash or hard drive mp3 players best quality, best value, best sound ... www.iriver.com.au for range, www.i-tech.com.au for best price on iriver ... forget md, its a pos

astro

HSC
I agree with Rub!x, i-river would have to be one of the best mp3 players on the market - with fm-tuner and voice recording it is a great buy.....Benq mp3 players also look pretty good....
i have an md which even though is quite expensive at 699 also provides good features....better than ipods neday (irreplaceble battery)

Winston

HSC
Well it depends what you say is a good MP3 player,
first of all @ braindrainedAsh and @ Loz#1

What is your budget first of all, the max you'll spend, and the real amount you anticipate to spend.

What would you's be using it mostly for, i.e. travelling use more?

How many songs would you guys generally want on it

Is excellent quality of sound a important factor, or just good to normal quality sufficient?

Is the size of the player a factor too?

Would you rather have batteries you can insert or do you rather have in-built battery

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
Originally posted by Winston
What is your budget first of all, the max you'll spend, and the real amount you anticipate to spend.

What would you's be using it mostly for, i.e. travelling use more?

How many songs would you guys generally want on it

Is excellent quality of sound a important factor, or just good to normal quality sufficient?

Is the size of the player a factor too?

Would you rather have batteries you can insert or do you rather have in-built battery
iriver, iriver and iriver ... serz dont buy nething else ... www.i-tech.com.au have the cheapest prices, i bought mine ifp-595 for $429, its small/512mb/flash/fm/vr/optical out/lithium ion etc ... and its perfect ... for larger needs ihp-120/140 (owns ipod) at $599 ...

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Why would I want a mini disk player when you still have to buy disks to put in it!!!! A MP3 player is better!

Well, I was hoping to only spent about $200-300.... but I don't want to buy something crap that I will end up pissed off about spending my money on......

I'd mainly use it while I'm walking around or on public transport..... especially the 9 hour train trip back to Albury lol. I'd prefer one that has an internal rechargable battery because I don't want to spend money on batteries, plus it is more environmentally friendly.

128mb is only about 30 songs isn't it? I'd really like more than that, maybe about half a gig or more, but I bet I would have to pay through the nose for that size MP3 player.....

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Oh yeah, also, which shops in/near the city wwould be the best places to go and check out prices. I can't buy online, I don't have access to a credit card.

HSC
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
Why would I want a mini disk player when you still have to buy disks to put in it!!!! A MP3 player is better!
one disc is $5...which stores 360mins worth of songs...which approximates to around 120 songs averaging 3 mins per song...
you do the math...$5 disc or one of those 128MB chip thingys...

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
$200-300 for a 512mb mp3 player?

you would have to be looking at no-brand mp3 players.
and no built-in fm radio.

look for the dodgiest electronics shop you can find and get one there.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by ToO LaZy ^*
one disc is $5...which stores 360mins worth of songs...which approximates to around 120 songs averaging 3 mins per song...
you do the math...$5 disc or one of those 128MB chip thingys...
lol... no....

you have failing to notice that with LP4 on the songs are stored at 64kilobit....
you can't get more than 120meg out of a minidisk, until they launch the new high density minidisks.

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by jm1234567890
$200-300 for a 512mb mp3 player?

you would have to be looking at no-brand mp3 players.
and no built-in fm radio.

look for the dodgiest electronics shop you can find and get one there.
actually it's around 300 - 350 my friend got a 512 iRiver with built in radio...

HSC
Originally posted by jm1234567890
lol... no....

you have failing to notice that with LP4 on the songs are stored at 64kilobit....
you can't get more than 120meg out of a minidisk, until they launch the new high density minidisks.
but with a good MD you can hardly notice the difference in quality

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by Winston
actually it's around 300 - 350 my friend got a 512 iRiver with built in radio...
that isn't 200-300 though. I challenge you to find a 512meg mp3 player with built in radio(not external one) :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)