• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

MQ Open Day (1 Viewer)

X

xeuyrawp

I will, and I expect a 'happy birthday' from you all! teehee

lengy

HSC
I'm still thinking about whether it's worth it or not. My family has never considered MQ but after hearing about how easy it is to pick units from across faculties it seems interesting. That said my little sister hasn't considered it and I don't know how great their Creative Arts department is. Probably not worth the journey except as an adventure into an unknown region.

HSC
N/A
I was planning on rocking up sometime in the afternoon... but with a bunch of very interesting transport arrangements that leave Lynn carless, rocking up may no longer be possible :(

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I'll be going there to (ab)use my library privileges and get out a plethora of books for my UTS assignments. Will probably wander around a little (since I have a tendency to do that). If BoS intends to organise something I'd be happy to be a pamphlet ninja for the day - but I'm betting there won't be anything happening...
lengy said:
I don't know how great their Creative Arts department is.
Thats why you go to the Open Day;)

HSC
N/A
lengy said:
I'm still thinking about whether it's worth it or not. My family has never considered MQ but after hearing about how easy it is to pick units from across faculties it seems interesting. That said my little sister hasn't considered it and I don't know how great their Creative Arts department is. Probably not worth the journey except as an adventure into an unknown region.
It depends on what you're expecting out of the CA department.

Unlike UoW and places like Conservatorium of Music, MQ assumes that some of it's graduates may not actually go on to be full time artists, or may need to work "side" jobs prior to/in addition to their art. So, about one third of the degree covers business units/arts industry issues etc etc (stuff that can also get you a "Real" job - the mq BCA degree is like a creative art and 'fallback' degree all in one). We do quite a lot on the Sydney Arts Council, looking at how existing artistic bodies run etc.

lengy

HSC
That's interesting, thanks Lynn. Might go grab a few pamphlets for my little sister then. She's working again this Saturday.

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
I'll be on transition from 12 - 3 apparenlty and talking at the transition lecture (hopefully i can make a fancy presentation/video for it for fun!)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
*peeks in from the dark*

I'll be there in some capacity or so

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
I will be there in a PR/Law capacity... working on both the BA/BSc stall and the LLB stall... Dont know anything else, as they are being particularly vague this year, despite their knowledge that I cant attend the info session tomorrow.

The new lady, Emma, sounds really nice!

Everyone should come to the open day - its so much fun, and so laid-back and cruisy and happy :D

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
i was meant to be working on the day, but im going up to Brisbane to watch the footy instead!

Kegs

HSC
How many people are going to be at this training session tomorrow?

prusso

HSC
yay i work in the only non open day part of the uni! w00t!

X

xeuyrawp

Kegs said:
How many people are going to be at this training session tomorrow?
I'll hazard a guess:

- myself,
- asylum / Mike,
- ... / Jimmy,
- cyan phoenix, / Jamie.

Ivy or Steve?

Last edited by a moderator:

havy

HSC
Hey, will the open day affect the efs computer labs at all? Since me and my friends will need to do online tests on saturday at the E4B labs.

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
What's training day?

Kegs

HSC
A movie with Denzel Washington. He got an oscar for it, you know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)